What's new

I Think I Found The One

So, after a little over a dozen shaves with my Wade & Butcher (full hollow, 9/16), I sprang for a Torrey, 6/8 and half-hollow, from BST. I liked my shaves with the W&B and certainly my technique leaves much to be desired, but I tried out the Torrey today once it arrived. While I'll need some more time with it, I think that I have now found It, The Razor.
It's not the prettiest thing on the block; it has a good amount of pitting and is hardly as gorgeous as some other specimens I see on here, but hot damn it's a solid piece of metal. And it feels so . . . powerful. And today's shave was certainly the best straight shave I've had. That's not necessarily saying much, but it's progress on my straight razor journey.

I guess one brief question I had was: the Torrey seems to "sing" less when I strop with it than the W&B. Is that normal?

The only problem now? Restraining myself from buying more straights! I continually have to remind myself not to get too ahead of myself, practice on what I have, improve my technique, and wait until I have financially stable enough to save up little cash. But one can always dream!

The only problem now? Restraining myself from buying more straights! I continually have to remind myself not to get too ahead of myself, practice on what I have, improve my technique, and wait until I have financially stable enough to save up little cash. But one can always dream!

You've been infected by RAD! Surrender, resistance is futile. But don't worry, it's not fatal and starts to subside after age 65.

I do not find W&B to be anything special as shavers. I have had some Torreys that shaved like champs though. As far as the one razor, there are a lot of razors out there :)
Enjoy your shaves

Top Bottom