What's new

I Need Opinions. Best Cream period.

In terms of performance - that is, removal of the most whiskers in the shortest time with the least amount of damage.

1. Mole
2. Taylor's Rose
3. Musgo
4. Proraso

In terms of scent - that is, a smell that makes you actually want to put the stuff on your skin.

1. Taylor's Rose
2. Musgo
3. Proraso
4. Mole

Musgo or Taylor's Rose are the best all around IMO.

Wow - lots more variation here than I expected. I had expected to see responses that almost exclusively recommended TOBS Avocado, Proraso and Nancy Boy.

My recommendation is Nancy Boy signature scent: it's reliable, affordable relative to other high-end creams, easy to work into a great lather, can be used brushless if necessary, and the scent (light & peppermint-like) is versatile and subtle enough for any ocassion.

Proraso's eucalyptus scent is much too strong-smelling for my tastes, though its efficacy cannot be denied. I confess that I have not tried Taylor's Avocado, but I trust the reputation others have given it on this site.

If you're a newbie, I would stick to one of those three to start and then give into the SCAD once you've mastered your technique reasonably well.

Here are mine:

Best Performer / Single Cream: Taylor's Sandalwood
- I'm not crazy about the scent (but it ain't bad). I get fantastic shaves every time, and it always makes my skin feel great.
- A close second: Vulfix Lavender. The scent is a little . . . what . . . weird? I think Vulfix reverse-engineered alien laundry detergent to get the scent. But like the TOBS Sandalwood, I get great shaves and it makes my skin feel very nice afterwards.
- Another close second: J.M. Fraser's. Just like the other two, and who can argue with the price?

Best Results / Brand: Truefitt & Hill
- From top to bottom, I get the best results with T&H creams. I like the scents, too.

Favorite Scent: GFT Sandalwood.
Great shaves, too.

Mike

In no order,

C&E Sweet Almond
Musgo Real
Salters Mint
TOBS St. James (really anything TOBS, they all operate similar to me)
Tom's of Maine Mint

My vote goes to Floris. I like Proraso, Musgo, SCS & Salters quite a lot but I don't put them on the topmost shelf with Floris.

I have yet to try Penhaligons and Castle Forbes and when I do my gut is telling me they'll most likely get placed on the shelf next to Floris.

I have yet to try creams by the Three T's & Harris. Again my gut is telling me there will be a gap between them the the "topmost shelf".

Sigh. So many soaps, so many creams. Gotta get buying & trying to see if I'm right.........

Here are mine:

Best Performer / Single Cream: Taylor's Sandalwood
- I'm not crazy about the scent (but it ain't bad). I get fantastic shaves every time, and it always makes my skin feel great.
- A close second: Vulfix Lavender. The scent is a little . . . what . . . weird? I think Vulfix reverse-engineered alien laundry detergent to get the scent. But like the TOBS Sandalwood, I get great shaves and it makes my skin feel very nice afterwards.
- Another close second: J.M. Fraser's. Just like the other two, and who can argue with the price?

Best Results / Brand: Truefitt & Hill
- From top to bottom, I get the best results with T&H creams. I like the scents, too.

Favorite Scent: GFT Sandalwood.
Great shaves, too.

Mike

The Trumper's Sandalwood gives me similar results to the TOBS, and I don't particularly like the scent either. I think I'm noticing a correlation... hmmm

I love Trumper's almond scent, but it doesn't shave half as good as the Sandalwood. The same goes for lavender.

Cyril R. Salter's French Vetiver

The lather is thick, moisturizing, and lubricating; the aroma is to die for!!

(follow-it-up with QED Vetiver ASC and Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Route du Vetiver EDT, and you'll look and smell fantastic!)

proxy.php

LONG LIVE THE 8 TUBES OF MY RED!

In no particular order...

GFT Limes
T&H Trafalgar
Proraso Green

Got a couple of new (to me) creams on the way, both of which are held in very high regard, so i guess we'll see if my opinions change.

1. Proraso green - nothing like it
2. Geo F Trumper's Rose cream
3. Musgo Real cream
I'm still trying out my new TOBS but I liked the performance of the lavendar, even thouggh I really dislike the smell of it.

Top Bottom