What's new

I miss dressing up!

Me too. I work remotely, so I only go outside when I need to go to the store. That's why I don't need to dress up. At home I wear only comfortable pants, sweaters and so on. Secondly, I try not to spend a lot of money. Now is the time when it is easy to lose a job because it is difficult for a company to quarantine. I hope that in six months, I will put on a beautiful evening dress and go to a party, as it was before.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Plan to pass them to my son, had most of mine for 10+years.
Just picked up a pair Alden factory seconds, Chromexcel LHS from the Shoemart. Whatever is less than perfect escapes my eye. The discount was significant, and the shoes were out of the box comfortable, very soft uppers. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a "lifetime" classic loafer. As always on the Van last, size down a half size.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Dressing properly really is all about fit. Whatever you think of Trump and Nader, they dress like they've never been taught how to wear a tie properly. It's comical and an extreme example of how to do it wrong! lol
I haven't literally watched enough politics to comment on either man's dress sense ... but yes, fit is a key element.

Over the past decade or so there has been a significant "fashion" trend towards a slim fit, often trending into "too tight". Think " skinny jeans"; think Daniel Craig crammed into a "Bond" suit too small for him.

Your "average dude" like us is more likely to make the "too baggy" mistake but ... the other problem of "too tight" can still be a problem. (But if you are used to the baggy look as "right" then a proper fit can look too tight!)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I haven't literally watched enough politics to comment on either man's dress sense ... but yes, fit is a key element.

Over the past decade or so there has been a significant "fashion" trend towards a slim fit, often trending into "too tight". Think " skinny jeans"; think Daniel Craig crammed into a "Bond" suit too small for him.

Your "average dude" like us is more likely to make the "too baggy" mistake but ... the other problem of "too tight" can still be a problem. (But if you are used to the baggy look as "right" then a proper fit can look too tight!)
PERFECTLY stated my friend.

I would add that when I was skinny tight fits weren't a thing.

Now that I'm not skinny I don't have any choice!

I sometimes cringe for male celebrities that have no business buttoning a skinny sports coat!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
1619619005557.png

See above ... same guy, who gets a "style makeover" from the left to the right. Of course, even those "in the know" can do too much of a makeover ...

1619619183741.png

The "new and improved" suit jacket is too tight around the waist.

Many months since the dreaded COVID arrived...and I still miss dressing up. I am even finding people are now attending work related Zoom meetings in t-shirts and hoodies. When will it all end and when can I get dressed up in my nice clothes?
Signed,
Desperate to wear nice clothes.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Many months since the dreaded COVID arrived...and I still miss dressing up. I am even finding people are now attending work related Zoom meetings in t-shirts and hoodies. When will it all end and when can I get dressed up in my nice clothes?
Signed,
Desperate to wear nice clothes.
You know you are overdressed for the grocery store when women my age and older smile at my clothes, and the ones younger ones giggle behind their hands and point me out to their girlfriends!

Top Bottom