What's new

I love it, but it does not love me

I am speaking of - Henri et Victoria – Cognac and Cuban Cigars Shaving Soap

I love the scent, but I almost immediately begin experiencing a slight burning sensation that worsens with my 2nd and then 3rd pass shave. Not sure what ingredient is the 'offender'. I have had a similar reaction to other strong tobacco scented soaps. I wonder if it is the Beau Brummell fragrance oil used to mimic the tobacco scent.

Has anyone else had a similar reaction? If so, have you found a nice tobacco scented shaving soap out there that you skin can tolerate?

Tim

Wow, that sucks. I use a couple of tobacco AS (Maggard Tobacco & Leather, and Wet Shaving Products Tobacco), but not the soaps. Best of luck in your search!

Hard to say if tobacco is the offending ingredient or if it is something else.

Only way to know for sure is try others.

I'm a huge tobacco scent fan so I'm happy to share some ideas of brands with nice tobacco scents. All of these are very good performing brands. Their scents vary in strength and character. (E.g. The captain is a strong cherry tobacco, where sweet briar is a lighter tobacco with a bit of vanilla. ). Like going into a pipe tobacco store, you will find a lot of variance in the scents.

Tiki's The Captain is my all time favorite scent. Soap is a good performer too

Chelsea's has a scent very similar to Tiki and I think it might perform better (I only had a sample so it was hard to judge well).

WSP (rustic or formula T)

Crowne and Crane

Mystic Water sweet briar

I think Lisa's natural has a tobacco scent or 2

Hard to say if tobacco is the offending ingredient or if it is something else.

Only way to know for sure is try others.

I'm a huge tobacco scent fan so I'm happy to share some ideas of brands with nice tobacco scents. All of these are very good performing brands. Their scents vary in strength and character. (E.g. The captain is a strong cherry tobacco, where sweet briar is a lighter tobacco with a bit of vanilla. ). Like going into a pipe tobacco store, you will find a lot of variance in the scents.

Tiki's The Captain is my all time favorite scent. Soap is a good performer too

Chelsea's has a scent very similar to Tiki and I think it might perform better (I only had a sample so it was hard to judge well).

WSP (rustic or formula T)

Crowne and Crane

Mystic Water sweet briar

I think Lisa's natural has a tobacco scent or 2

Lisa's Natural has 2 tobacco scents. Tobacco & Bay (smells nearly identical to WSP Tobacco) and Amber & Tobacco which is a very warm tobacco scent and very nice

Note that the Tobacco and Bay is more of a floral tobacco leaf. Great soap and scent, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Lisa's Natural has 2 tobacco scents. Tobacco & Bay (smells nearly identical to WSP Tobacco) and Amber & Tobacco which is a very warm tobacco scent and very nice

I forgot there were 2. Both are nice but I like the amber & tobacco the best. I would never have thought of amber and tobacco pairing well but they do.

I forgot there were 2. Both are nice but I like the amber & tobacco the best. I would never have thought of amber and tobacco pairing well but they do.
Indeed they do. It's hard to describe as anything other than 'warm' tobacco, pretty different than most tobacco scents

Its a bummer when you find a soap that you like and performs well, but it causes irritation or breaks your skin out. That unfortunately happened to me a couple of times now.

While on the topic of tobacco soaps. Is there any vanilla tobacco scented soaps out there you guys can recommend?

Its a bummer when you find a soap that you like and performs well, but it causes irritation or breaks your skin out. That unfortunately happened to me a couple of times now.

While on the topic of tobacco soaps. Is there any vanilla tobacco scented soaps out there you guys can recommend?

I don't, although I think MW sweet briar had a bit of vanilla to it.

I think Stirling gentleman has both tobacco and vanilla, but I don't really think of it as a tobacco scent as the tobacco is not really the starring role. I get much more of the amber and musk.

tim, you might have to give up on tobacco soaps for a while.
contact your vendor since he might be willing to exchange with another flavor.

Unlike some scents, I have no problem with SRD Opus X, my only "tobacco" soap. However, the scent is heavy on nicotine and tar, like crushing black cavendish tobacco into the palm of your hand.

Top Bottom