What's new

I just might be a convert

I started my wet-shaving journey in 2011. Since that time I have been bowl lathering exclusively. I had always read about face lathering but never had any interest in it (mainly because it was not the way I lathered. This evening I was watching a vid on face lathering and something made me want to give it a shot. I prepped and then decided that Stirling Executive Man was going to be my choice (since I had previous issues with bowl lathering this soap). For my brush, I chose my Razorock Chrome synthetic. The results were sublime!!! My shave was fantastic. My only problem was that I had lather all over the place! I guess I'll have to learn to control things.

Sounds just like my Razorock Plissoft. When I face lather with mine, I start lathering in the palm of my hand, rub the palm lather on my face first, then proceed to face lather. No splay anywhere.

Glad you found a different way that you enjoy. About the only way I do it except for testing new creams or several brushes.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I face lather all my soaps. I think that it is the best way for me. Glad that you tried it and enjoyed it.

Great work!! :a14::a14:

Face-lather for a week or two and you will have everything under control (if and when you want)!

I used to say that 'The first time I face lathered was the last time that I used a bowl', but I did resort to bowl lathering to shave my wife's legs.

I started off just bowl lathering and progressed to face lathering. Love both but enjoy face lathering in the morning...

I also started with bowl lathering, then progressed to face lathering. That is my preferred method for lathering now. Congrats on discovering the joy of face lathering!

Top Bottom