What's new

I have never used...

Never used hundreds of shaving products, among them:
Cella
Lea
Personna (might have tried some, many years ago)
Edwin Jagger
Lord
Any horse hair brush
Williams
Any of the hundreds of preshave oils out there, except one that I tried some 10 years ago. Don't even remember the brand.
Carbon steel blades

The list may go on forever.

Never used any kind of aftershave. I don't like the smell following me around all day and for that matter i don't like soaps that leave a lingering scent but i have tried them

Long lasting aftershaves/cologne like Aqua Velva and others make me feel like Pig Pen from Peanuts, with a cloud of scent announcing me, while also giving me a headache. Even cutting AV with 2/3's witch hazel was too strong, and I PIF'd my last glass bottle to another member. That's why I use Captain's Choice Bay Rum, Co9T, North or Lime aftershaves. I get a slight scent for 30-60 minutes, give or take and it's gone. Ogallala BR isn't bad either if you don't mind the initial clovey scent, but even that doesn't stick around too long.

As far as soap, I recently switched from years of using Grandpa's Pine Tar soap to Grandpa's Witch Hazel bar soap. I never thought Grandpa's Pine Tar scent left a lingering scent on me, but my wife complained it stunk up the bathroom. I like the Witch Hazel soap. A faint scent, so my wife no longer complains about the bathroom smelling like road tar. It's probably not very moisturizing, but I like feeling squeaky clean, not slimy from moisturizing soaps.

I have never used any Acqua di Parma shaving products but have a few of their fragrances.

Never used anything from these soap makers… Castle Forbes, DR Harris, Floid, Fine, Geo. F. Trumper, House of Mammoth, Lucky Tiger, Martin de Candre, Saponificio Varesino, Spearhead, TOBS, Zingari…

Never used razors from… Edwin Jagger, Fatip, Henson, ATT, Tatara…

Never used a brush from... Plisson, Saville Row, Muhle, Parker, AP Shave Co., The Varlet, Rudy Vey, Declaration Grooming, Oumo, Wald, SV, DS Cosmetic, Mozingo, Rubberset/Ever-Ready… and any “beehive“ style brush.

Never used anything from Phoenix Shaving and have no interest at all. 👍

Too many to list.

Of the classic stuff people talk about all the time, I have never used a Merkur 34, Arko, Mitchell's Woolfat, or a shave stick of any kind.

Only two years into wet shaving. I have tried more straight razors (+20) than soaps (6-7) or brushes (3).
Fortunately I have many products to try in the future.

Top Bottom