What's new

I have decided my new brush will be....

Excellent! The wait is no fun but makes it that much sweeter when the brush finally arrives.

I dunno, i might order from Shavemac.com, but i'm worried about the customs duties that everyone has been getting charged.

I've been considering ordering from Shavemac and asking if he could "overpack" the knot.

Does anyone here have a custom "overpacked" shavemac? and how much of a difference from normal is it?

I have that same brush in faux tortise, that I ordered from vintage blades. It is a really great brush, that works well with soaps and creams and Jim is a stand up guy with great customer service.

I dunno, i might order from Shavemac.com, but i'm worried about the customs duties that everyone has been getting charged.

I've been considering ordering from Shavemac and asking if he could "overpack" the knot.

Does anyone here have a custom "overpacked" shavemac? and how much of a difference from normal is it?

I order a 32mm extra dense, but I personally doubt that 23 could be packed any denser than it is. If it were me, I'd order the one you like from Vintage Blades. I think you'll be very happy with the density.

I sent an e-mail to Mr. Bloss last week. I plan on ordering at 23mm knot sliver tip for by birthday. He recommend that the knot was already over packed and to go up in knot size to 24mm if I wanted more hair. Its $16 more as you work your way up in knot size. Not sure if that will help you. I going to order mine from http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/product.php?productid=459&cat=151&page=1
So I won't have to hassle with customs. Plus its only $5 for shipping priority mail.

Just to add another confirmation to the word being received from Bernd:

I've recently been in contact with him as well and have also been informed that the knots in the 23mm range are already jam packed full of hair and he does not offer this size of brush in an over-packed format.

Top Bottom