What's new

I have a problem

BTW. I think everyone would agree that Filarmonicas are among the best blades ever produced. Why is it that they all come with cheap plastic scales?

I don't understand the need for more than one Doc? Why two when one will do is my motto. After all, you only have 1 face.

:biggrin1:

Are these things THAT good? Or are they just hyped a lot? Because I don't understand I see them going for a lot of money sometimes...

I'd be curious to know the bevel angle on these. One of my favorite razor seems to have a similar grind to them and has a very narrow bevel of ~14deg IIRC. Maybe they found the magical grind/bevel angle ratio!

Are these things THAT good? Or are they just hyped a lot? Because I don't understand I see them going for a lot of money sometimes...

I have a smaller #13 and a #14 re-brand. Neither are as pretty as Doc's razors, or the others posted too, but they are both excellent shavers. "THAT" is relative; they're relatively fantastic.

I have a smaller #13 and a #14 re-brand. Neither are as pretty as Doc's razors, or the others posted too, but they are both excellent shavers. "THAT" is relative; they're relatively fantastic.

I see I bought a JA Heinckels lately I am still wating for it to come to me. But I guess a Heinckels would hold up pretty well to those Fili's, I just wonder what gives. A friend told me for example that a Doble Duck is not that good and well stuff like that. It is hard to guess now-adays what razor is good and which is not. And then again it's all relatevily I guess.

I wonder if there's a mondern razor which you buy a good price for that would beat a Fili or something like that.

I still have yet to shave with a Fili....one of these days I'll end up with one... Beautiful razors, Doc!!

Have you tried any other 14's and compared them to your fili's. I have one that I just finally honed up last night but didn't get to try it yet. I have never used a fili either

Thanks all, I have the cure, need more razors

Someone else post their "problems"

Here are mine:

13 DT JMP
13 DT JMP SUB CERO
14 DT JMP 7/8 plus
14 DT JMP 8/8
14 DT JMP Novodur 8/8

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 58