What's new

I hate SE's...

well i guess the title is a little misleading. tried my first shave with a SE tonight. loaded up my GEM Micromatic clogpruf with a bullet handle with a GEM blade. what happened next is one of the best shaves i have ever had. two passes and near BBS. wow!

the reason for the title is now i am going to have to buy a bunch of SEs and new blades to satisfy a new addiction:mad3: just what the wallet ordered:thumbup:

really kicking myself for selling all those SEs over the past month that were incl in lots i purchased off ebay. still have a GEM 1924 and a 1912 laying around though.

The GEMS are addictive. They're all good shavers too. Some, like the Damaskeene and the Open Comb Micromatic are great shavers, though.

try the injectors as well ..... a SE with sportscar handling

ouch, even worse for the RAD.

question, how many shaves can you expect with a SE blade? with how 'hefty' they are, i would imagine they would last for a while

I was worried about this. I stumbled across a Treet 1912 (the one with the BIG bakelite handle), and a GEM 1912 recently. They were both in excellent+ condition and the price was right, so I grabbed 'em.

Just picked up some Treet SE blades at the pharmacy today.

Looks like Friday will be the maiden voyage with a SE for me. I hope I hate it and don't ever want to shave with one again. Then I can put them on the BST and try to trade them for some Feathers or something.

I get 5 to 7 shaves out of the Gem Stainless Blades... remember the angle is a bit different then DE's....but oh what a shave and the sound is unbelievable

No Way! Injectors, along with equally LAME Techs, are donkey carts compared to fine (and vastly under appreciated) SE razors:thumbup1:

using your logic I guess I could call SE's lame compared to a straight... Different strokes for different Folks

I've been working my way through my own rather large collection of SEs. Rather amazing that I bought so many. This week has been a Bullet Tip Micromatic which is very good. I really like the 1900/1901 model, and the 1912s, but I want to "get through" all of them before settling down with just a couple.

I've looked at other, older SE threads and many people whose opinions I regard very highly in those older threads and this one seem to indicate that I'm going to love these things. I guess it was inevitable.

Just when I thought I might be paring down my collection...

Last edited:
really kicking myself for selling all those SEs over the past month that were incl in lots i purchased off ebay. still have a GEM 1924 and a 1912 laying around though.

I got a nice, shiny almost brand new Featherweight I could let you have for, say, oh I don't know, maybe $40?:lol:

Stainless blades lasr for 5-7 shaves or so. I've been trying some Treet carbon steel blades and while I definitely prefer them over the GEM/Personna blades they only last 2-3 shaves before they fall off dramatically. They seem sharper initially but dull quickly, and I dry them off and dip them in alcohol before putting them away.

well i guess the title is a little misleading. tried my first shave with a SE tonight. loaded up my GEM Micromatic clogpruf with a bullet handle with a GEM blade. what happened next is one of the best shaves i have ever had. two passes and near BBS. wow!

the reason for the title is now i am going to have to buy a bunch of SEs and new blades to satisfy a new addiction:mad3: just what the wallet ordered:thumbup:

Group buy on GEM SE blades here:
link

In about 2 weeks, I will have crossed the 45-day threshhold required to post FS on BST, and I'll be putting all my SE's up there. I can't wait to be rid of them, and I'm sure there will be plenty of folks who can't wait to have them
-- Chet

In about 2 weeks, I will have crossed the 45-day threshhold required to post FS on BST, and I'll be putting all my SE's up there. I can't wait to be rid of them, and I'm sure there will be plenty of folks who can't wait to have them
-- Chet

If I may ask, what is it you don't like about them?

Top Bottom