What's new

I forgot how enjoyable pipe smoking is!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I fell away from the pipe for a while and all my stuff was at my Philly home, while I work in Chicago.

Just brought back a couple of corn cobs and a few jars of tobacco and had a nice Dunhill Nightcap in a corn cob last night, first pipe in well over a year.

What a treat!

Welcome back to the fold! You didn't mess around and went straight for Nightcap as well.

Normally high tolerance?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Yep, Nightcap didn't make me pass out! :001_smile

Hey, Price, you still deployed or back on terra firma? I got a kilo of Cella, which I really credit to you (with an assist from Marco). Love that stuff.

John

Yep, Nightcap didn't make me pass out! :001_smile

Hey, Price, you still deployed or back on terra firma? I got a kilo of Cella, which I really credit to you (with an assist from Marco). Love that stuff.

John
Nope. We've been practically welded to the pier for a few months. We have some upcoming exercises but nothing major scheduled. Hoping recent world events don't change that.

For me, pipe smoking is seasonal. I smoke a pipe in the fall and winter while cigar is a spring/summer event. We're in the heat of summer and I'm in full cigar mode. Last week I tried night cap, Elizabethan, and Erin Go Braugh Irish Whiskey but I wasn't satisfied. Do you guys find that the season determines what you smoke?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Hoping recent world events don't change that.

No kidding!

That reminds me, since you moved out to San Diego, there is no family back here to draw you back for a visit, is there? If you do get back to the Chicago area, I'll work up a B&B lunch meet 'n greet for you!

John

No kidding!

That reminds me, since you moved out to San Diego, there is no family back here to draw you back for a visit, is there? If you do get back to the Chicago area, I'll work up a B&B lunch meet 'n greet for you!

John

Brauhaus and Merz? :biggrin1:

Well, my wife has family in Lake County. Not anyone we visit too often, but her brother is getting married next year some time. I might find myself in the vicinity, and if so I will take you up on that. :thumbup:

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Mmmmmmm. A bowl of Frog Morton On The Town in a MM legend tonight. Deeelish!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Mmmmmmm. Hearth & Home "Larry's Blend" in a bent briar.

I'm getting back in the swing of things!

Top Bottom