What's new

I don’t find the Gillette Tech mild at all!

I only own a Super Blue. It's generally considered to share 70's geometry.
I may be using it wrong way, but it's milder than Merkur 46 in terms of stubble removal, but feels harsher than R41 clone on my skin. I've had even worse experience with Rapira, but I wouldn't refer to a razor that warps blade edges.
Should I keep trying, or is Tech just not for anybody?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I only own a Super Blue. It's generally considered to share 70's geometry.
I may be using it wrong way, but it's milder than Merkur 46 in terms of stubble removal, but feels harsher than R41 clone on my skin. I've had even worse experience with Rapira, but I wouldn't refer to a razor that warps blade edges.
Should I keep trying, or is Tech just not for anybody?

The Chinese Gillette Super Blue, is my absolute favorite DE Razor. I have owned, used and gotten rid of many types of razors over the last decade.

Vintage and modern DE’s, SE’s, Injector’s, Straights and Shavette’s. Over the years, I have honed my skill and techniques with all and have kept one or two of each favorite type and style.

But when it comes to just DE? That cheap Super Blue that only cost me $4 is my absolute favorite DE. Do not give up on it, if your face hasn’t spent enough time under it, in order to learn and unlock its wonderful and marvelous virtues as a great DE razor.

Don’t underestimate the value of an extremely light, extremely thin and agile razor head and plate, along with its light, plastic handle that has the perfect length, non slippery; and is easily gripped and held even when wet and can be moved in an absolute artistic and even surgical way, about the face & neck while shaving.

It is not the razor, a beginner with minimal knowledge of their face should use. They will either think it’s way too mild, why? Because they do not know their face well enough to know how to use pressure.

Or, they will think it’s way too aggressive, why? Because they do not know their face well enough to know how to use the appropriate right amount of pressure and where.

It is the razor of the consummate professional in shaving their own face. I can peel an apple with my Super Blue and a good DE blade, so don’t let anyone tell you it’s too mild.

If you are one who has been brainwashed into thinking pressure is your enemy and not your friend? Then the Super Blue is not for you. But if you will take the time and patience to learn the skill and master the art of using pressure?

In turn you will master the Super Blue, which will make every other DE from old vintage brass DE’s to the heavy and clumsy stainless steel modern DE’s… Obsolete.

:)

:popc:

Last edited:
Top Bottom