What's new

I.D. Help please?

Picked up this cut throat today. I researched as best I could, but I have no clue who made this and when. The only markings are "Extra hollow ground" and some kind of etching on the blade. The other side of the razor is blank. Can anyone please lend some expert insight on this straight? Thanks in advance.

$golf straight 023.JPG$golf straight 028.JPG$golf straight 027.JPG

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I know, man. Haha, Thanks. I should've just gave it the obligatory "bump". I'm a bit anxious, what can I say.

A lot of guys are all over the World's time zones so it takes a bit. It's also harder due to a lack of maker's mark. The main thing is to get it honed up and shave with it!

A lot of guys are all over the World's time zones so it takes a bit. It's also harder due to a lack of maker's mark. The main thing is to get it honed up and shave with it!
Agreed. It's my first straight. Seems like a nice sturdy piece of steel. I'm not sure whether to send it away for professional honing, or do it myself at some point. I also picked up an old honing stone (unused in box). I know my way around putting an edge on knives. But I think I may need to advise myself to not mess about with this razor and that stone, just in case. Thanks, Kentos.

I have looked at many razors but have not seen anything like that one.
I have one that only said "The celebrated Extra hollow ground" on the blade and turned out to be a Frederick Reynolds.

The shoulderless style tells me British.

Top Bottom