What's new

I confess

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I like big yixing pots. There, I said it.

I drink a lot of tea, far too much to wait for 30-40 50ml infusions. I have several pots in the 120-150ml range, but I often rely on a slighty larger 250ml dragon egg. It only takes two infusions to fill a hefty mug that I can enjoy for more than thirty seconds. A 40ml teacup makes me think the tea was prepared by Thomas Keller.

I also have some larger pots, ~350-400ml, but they see little use except for an occasional oolong.

All that really matters is the water/leaf ratio, as far as I'm concerned.

I have to admit to being a gauche American too. Smaller than 250ml seems too small for me. The 250ml size seems just right for me. Infusing with a 100ml or smaller just seems too tedious. But, that is me... a naive and inexperienced tea drinker.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I like big yixing pots. There, I said it.

All that really matters is the water/leaf ratio, as far as I'm concerned.

I like big pots and I cannot lie
You other shavers can't deny
That when a pu-er walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get oolong ...

So Fellas (yeah) Fellas (yeah)
Has your teapot got the butt (hell yeah)
Well shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake that healthy pot
Yixing got back

I like'em round and big
And when I'm throwin a gig
I just can't help myself
I'm actin like an animal
Now here's my scandal

I wanna get you home
And UH, double up UH UH
I aint talkin bout Twinings
Cuz tea floor sweepings were made for boys

I have a 30ml set of cups and a small gaiwan, but I have put tea in my conventional 200ml teapot before and enjoyed it immensely. I have not gone yixing yet because I still need someone to convince me it isn't a waste of money.

I have a 30ml set of cups and a small gaiwan, but I have put tea in my conventional 200ml teapot before and enjoyed it immensely. I have not gone yixing yet because I still need someone to convince me it isn't a waste of money.

you can get a nice looking functional one for under $15 dollars shipped on ebay

what I don't understand is why they are so tiny in the first place

A small yixing let's one try out multiple infusions of an expensive tea to see how it well performs without using a lot of that tea. Or drinking a gallon of tea in the process.

A small yixing let's one try out multiple infusions of an expensive tea to see how it well performs without using a lot of that tea. Or drinking a gallon of tea in the process.

Well, there you are. I knew someone would come up with the logic in this idea of small pots. I may have to get a small one just for that purpose.

Top Bottom