What's new

I bought the lady an "assured" Clone of the Gillette "Tech" at the Dollar Tree.

I advised her not to use the blades that came with it. She bought come Wilkinson Sword blades ($2.98 USD) for ten blades (two five-blade tucks). She uses these to shave her upper lip and some scant chin hairs. The woman knows to use Glycerine soap to lubricate her face so that she won't get razor burn. I am gong to provide her with some even better blades so that she can remove facial hair safely.

I'm not married to her. She's just a friend that I have known for about four years. I did this to keep her from using her son's disposable razors. (This should help prevent transmitting infections between them).

I have been single (again) for 11 years. My children are dead and I am not in the market for a "long-haired mess cook".

Thanks.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Terrible razors, those Assured. They don't clamp well and some reveal a wavy blade.
Buy her a Gillette Tech that holds the blade tight and precisely.
Good used can often be found for less than ten bucks.

I have a Gillette 7 O'clock Sterling that I had ordered from India that I will give her. (I plan on giving her a 5-blade tuck of Lord Super Platinum blades to round it out).

I'll tell her that she can throw out the cheap razor.

I have a Gillette 7 O'clock Sterling that I had ordered from India that I will give her. (I plan on giving her a 5-blade tuck of Lord Super Platinum blades to round it out).

I'll tell her that she can throw out the cheap razor.
I gave her the Gillette 7 O'clock Sterling and two tucks of Lord Platinum blades. She told me that she had used the Assured clone without any problem. She is quite grateful for the India-made razor. I told her that she could throw the Assured unit away at her leisure.

(BTW I just ordered a Lord L6 for about eight UD Dollars to replace it. I have plenty of other DE razors that I can use).

(BTW I just ordered a Lord L6 for about eight UD Dollars to replace it. I have plenty of other DE razors that I can use).

This one.

1660090854345.png

IMHO that Lord L6 is the best inexpensive razor out there.
It should prove an excellent "travel razor" (I'm usually driving either my Jaguar XJ6 L or my S-Type). Light, (aluminum handle) handy, and inexpensive.

Frankly, the "1903 school of thought" is still a great one... 119 years after the fact.

Top Bottom