What's new

I bought a fountain pen...

I purchased a Waterman Hemisphere. It looks real good and writes well. My only problem is that I purchased it with the medium nib. I think that it writes to broad. My question is... does anyone know if it was to bring it to the Fountain Pen Hospital would that be able to switch the nib? Or, will the broad stroke calm down after I write with it and get my technique down?

I purchased a Waterman Hemisphere. It looks real good and writes well. My only problem is that I purchased it with the medium nib. I think that it writes to broad. My question is... does anyone know if it was to bring it to the Fountain Pen Hospital would that be able to switch the nib? Or, will the broad stroke calm down after I write with it and get my technique down?

The nib alone? Probably not, but you can switch out the whole section (nib and feed). However I would consider two things: the Waterman medium is not a very wide medium (it is my prefered width in the Waterman line), second and more importantly IMO is that the whole point of FP writing is to relax and enjoy the ride. Hence I have found that my handwriting with a FP is significantly larger so the wider line is completely compatible with my writing (whereas my ballpoint writing is much finer). See what you think.

You could get a fine tip nib. The Medium does write bold. I found Sheaffer inks work good in them as they seem a little dryer and not as wet. That's a wet writing pen. The more you write with it, the bolder you line will become, actually. You could probably sell that one pretty easily and get yourself a finepoint.

IF you purchased new from a authorized vendor you can send it to Waterman USA and they will replace for free. You can call or email them. Have done this with a number of pens. Personally I like the Waterman Extra Fine nibs the best.

Contacted Waterman. They have a "nib exchange" program. Changing from the Medium to the fine. Sent the pen today. THANKS AGAIN ALL B&B's

Top Bottom