What's new

How to use the Super Adjustable

So I've procured a long handle gillette super-adjustable (TTO, black handle) and am super-eager to get started. But what, exactly, am I going to be super-adjusting? I'm sure that's a (super) lame question...but could someone enlighten me?

Oh, and while I'm asking lame ques, can someone explain the diff between a slant bar and a straight bar (I know, I know, the name should explain it; but, I can't tell a difference when looking at pics).

I'm kind of new to DE shaving (obviously) and have only used a Cyril Salter DE so far (which I really like, btw).

Thanks

Super Adjustable = adjusting the blade gap between the head of the razor and the blade. It adjusts the "aggressiveness" of the razor.

Slant bar = slanting the razor blade to automatically do the "gillette slide" basically.

Gillette adjustables are straight bar. 1=least aggressive, 9= most aggressive. Stay down in 3 to 5 until you get the hang of it. Most guys see no need to go any higher than that.

Gillette adjustables are straight bar. 1=least aggressive, 9= most aggressive. Stay down in 3 to 5 until you get the hang of it. Most guys see no need to go any higher than that.

+1.... I'd say 3 to 5 is a great place to start. I like a more aggresive shave and go at 7.

I had a nice shave this morning going from 5 for the initial pass (3 days growth) to 4 for subsequent passes.

It's a great razor.

Top Bottom