What's new

How to load Cella bio from the small green tub?

Shavepals:

For years I used Cella from the 1 kg brick and simply cut off some pieces and put them into a nice round tin. That was easy to load on the brush with some swirls. I recently bought some Cella bio in the green tub. The tub is really small, so I found it a bit of a challenge to load the brush. Are most of you loading from the tub, or are you taking the product out of the tub and putting it in a larger tin?

I bloom the soap for a few minutes and then load from the tub. You'll have to collect it from around the sides of the tub a few times.

What he said.
Plus the "Marco" method works very well for such small tubs. I use it with most small tub crops including proraso, Cella tub etc. Thanks to @Marco for his technique years ago !

Last edited:
I have the same issue with the Cella tubs. I scoop the soap out and a put it in my soap mug. It makes it much easier than trying to lather off of the Cella container.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
What he said.
Plus the "Marco" method works very well for such small tubs. I use it with most small tub crops including proraso, Cella tub etc. Thanks to @Marco for his technique years ago !

For some unknown reason I must agree...

P.S. Thank you kindly, Sir. :cuppa:

I usually load it directly using a 22mm boar brush. The container is compact, but with a smaller brush it will work fine.

The soap can be scooped out easily into another container. I have a set of 90mm PETG soap containers that can be used as "loading bowls". I can just take a few weeks worth of soap at a time and put it into the container. This way, the main soap container stays pristine.

With admittedly limited experience, I've had no problems using Marco's method, loading directly from the red Cella tub, some Haslinger's Shafmilch in an aluminum tin my wife gave me (only 2-3 mm wider than the 60mm puck), and a Spieck stick that I grated into an arko container.

I store the soap with the top off so it dries. Is the green Cella tub that much different?

... Thom

I haven’t bought the red tub for like 10 years. My original red tub was fairly large, with the soap only filling part of it. It had a wide mouth. I then went with the 1 kg bricks and cut off pieces. I did that for like 6-8 years. I just bought the green tub of bio. It has the same amount of soap, but it is packed to the top and the tub is pretty small. So that was surprising. I will just load from the new tub and get used to it. I have been using Proraso in a tube for the last year or so. Cream from the tube is so easy to load. You just squirt it on the brush and face lather. But I wanted to try the Cella bio, so there you are.

I haven’t bought the red tub for like 10 years. My original red tub was fairly large, with the soap only filling part of it. It had a wide mouth. I then went with the 1 kg bricks and cut off pieces. I did that for like 6-8 years. I just bought the green tub of bio. It has the same amount of soap, but it is packed to the top and the tub is pretty small. So that was surprising. I will just load from the new tub and get used to it. I have been using Proraso in a tube for the last year or so. Cream from the tube is so easy to load. You just squirt it on the brush and face lather. But I wanted to try the Cella bio, so there you are.
Stirling soap sells individual, empty containers.

They appear to be about the same diameter as my Cella Red, although not as tall.

... Thom

Top Bottom