What's new

How to lather yeti snot?

Ok so I used the Snot for the 2nd time today. This time I tried a super lather with some CO Bigelow. I still didn't get the cushion I was looking for. It was better lather than the first time, but not there.

Anyone have tips for lathering the Snot?

The lather I get is a little thin. I am not using much water, but do see the lather start to explode, it just doesn't peak and give me the cushion.

Not sure if I need more water, more soap, different cream added, more time or what.

I figure others have had this issue and hope to get some advice!

Ok, maybe I should try that. I have the puck in a bowl, and have been lathering straight in there on top of the puck

Try using more product by loading up longer. Bear in mind that Yeti Snot is a really average soap that will never perform like an artisan or higher end soap. If you like the hyper-menthol experience, get some Stirling Glacial samples.

Over the past week or so, I've been working to use up a sample of Morning Wood that I melted into a short glass bell jar. I've been using what I understand to essentially be Marco's Method (soaking boar brush; letting it drip, but not shaking or squeezing it out; sitting it on its base for about 30 seconds; loading for about a minute; and then taking brush to bowl). This has gotten me some pretty thick lather (see post #241 in this thread for a pic: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...t-Until-Fall-(GRU-Fall)?p=6413814#post6413814). Hope this helps!

Thank you all for the advice. I will definitely keep playing with it over the next few days. Try to build the lather longer and see how it goes.

Bear in mind that Yeti Snot is a really average soap that will never perform like an artisan or higher end soap

I think I may also be spoiled to better stuff. I did have a sample of Stirling tea tree that lathered beautifully. Thick and rich.

for yeti's glycerin soaps, [lot more soap + more water] x [more whipping] = Great lather

$yeti soaps myrsol feather apr 1 2014.jpg

I have a water softener so usually lathering soap for me is very easy. But with this soap, no matter what I did I could not get it to be anything more than a bubbly mess... I eventually gave up on it and got a puck of frost byte by synergy and am much happier.

I have found that if I start with a well shaken brush, it has enough water to aid in loading, but then I can slowly add water as I need to. The 'Snot can be a bit finicky (sounds a little like MWF), but, for me, this works very well.

Top Bottom