What's new

How often do you skip a day shaving?

With my beard? If I don't shave daily It'll ruin my shaving gear. All those white and silver whiskers are about 60 Rockwell, so if I don't shave daily I end up having to use an angle grinder. :lol:

I have a medium beard without much skin sensitivity, and I was shaving everyday for many months. Then, I skipped two days for some reason, and the first shave following that hiatus was one of the best shaves of my life -- unbelievably close and comfortable! I don't have any theories about why this is so, but I have taken to shaving every other day and enjoy the shaves much more.

I often use a Mühle R41 razor, and this shaves so close that I still look "recently shaved" for quite some time. Also, the R41 is such fun.
:euro:

I mostly shave every other day. I just don't grow enough facial hair to shave every day, especially since I now shave against the grain every shave. When I would stick to wtg and xtg I could shave every day, but the atg pass gets me close enough to leave it a day.

I work Tuesday through Friday so I have to shave everyday during that time, however skip Saturday, shave Sunday, skip Monday...

I shave 7 days a week, so it's rare for me to miss a day. Maybe once a month I'll just skip the day due to being busy, but that's highly unusual.

Since ceasing Cart Shaving, when I sometimes missed shaving because of irritation- I shave Daily as I have a heavy beard.

I've missed one day in 3 months, and that was down to a car breakdown, otherwise I'd not have skipped. Back in the days of being a cart shaver, I'd skip easily 6-7 in one go.

i been shaving so long all cartridges but cause of work i can not stand being stubby now. the sand paper feel on my face. i shave every morning or if i am working nights whenever i wake up. sometimes when i get home from work after a few hours a hot shower and a shave.

Oftentimes only on the end of travel days. After spending anywhere from 24 - 40 hours in transit from Chicago to Asia, shaving is the last thing I feel like doing.

Shaving every 48 hours (WTG, XTG, ATG) with a DE seems to best suit my skin. I can get away with shaving again after 36 hours though, and sometimes do if I am say going out in the evening.

I am retired now. I shave 3 times a week, never 2 days in a row. Something special happening then maybe 4 x a week. Works for me.

I seem to be in the minority here. I shave every other day. I have a beard so some stubble on the neck and cheeks not only looks okay, but it's a style in it's own right... or so I think.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I wasn't blessed with facial hair a plenty, I only shave twice a week. Hopefully puberty will hit me at the age of 31 lol

i shave sunday night, tuesday night and thursday night.
special occasions or date night with wife may get a fourth day in there.

Top Bottom