What's new

How many shaves do you get from your favorite type of blade?

3-4 shaves out of all blades for me. GSB, Feather, KAI, Personna Red, etc.

I could probably get 10 shaves out of a blade, but I don’t enjoy when blades start getting dull. Why not not splurge and grab a new super sharp $0.07-$0.15 blade every few shaves? 👍

To each their own and all that, and everyone on B&B seem to be super nice people, but I don’t understand trying to get dozens and even hundreds of shaves out of one ten cent blade.

If you think about it our grandfathers and fathers only did a one pass shave. So if you do a three pass shave you are really getting three shaves per shave. So, if you can squeeze out seven shaves from a blade you really performed twenty one shaves. Try getting twenty one shaves from a cartridge. I used to get one shave from a cartridge, and I did a one pass.

With a blade, any blade you will have personal preference, performance and longevity.

Some people use a blade and toss it after one use, others a week, others that first tug and yet some will ride it out past any tugs.

Some blades like my Lab Blues get smoother after the second and third shaves.

I use blades up until that first tug. Just my personal preference. Some blades last me a long time until then, others don’t. Sharks are great in my Timeless but only last a shave or two but they are very cheap. KCGs will get me past 30 shaves until that first tug on average, expensive but the cost evens out due to performance. If you are a one and done person, a more expensive blade probably won’t make sense in that case.

If you think about it our grandfathers and fathers only did a one pass shave. So if you do a three pass shave you are really getting three shaves per shave. So, if you can squeeze out seven shaves from a blade you really performed twenty one shaves. Try getting twenty one shaves from a cartridge. I used to get one shave from a cartridge, and I did a one pass.

Depends. Unless your grandfather was a Fireman like mine was. He had to go against the grain with a third pass. My father was two passes with DE as a school teacher, WTG and ATG. Profession and preference made a difference.

Depends. Unless your grandfather was a Fireman like mine was. He had to go against the grain with a third pass. My father was two passes with DE as a school teacher, WTG and ATG. Profession and preference made a difference.
Grandfather was with the NYPD. One pass guy. Same with my father, but later on my father turned to electric razors. I got him back on DEs. Talked to him yesterday. He's using the Fine Marvel with the included Feathers. I told him he was a brave man using those Feathers. He said, "I will master those Feathers." I'm starting to see where my hard head comes from. He even does two passes now. I don't think any of us goes ATG. I do WTG, XTG, and Caddie Corner TG. All of us daily shavers. Except my dad. He takes Saturday off.

Top Bottom