What's new

How many colonges do YOU have?

It's been a while...

I just had a birthday so I ordered myself some presents! Penhaligon's is bringing back a half dozen of it's older scents so I ordered a bottle of their "Eau de Cologne" which I really liked and "Orange Blossom" just because it sounded good! I also ordered from Caswell-Massey and decided to try "Bois d'Orange and Cedrat Fragrant Waters from Roger & Gallet. I saw those two scents in Paris the last time I was there which was a few years back and I guess Caswell-Massey is just getting around to carrying them now!

Check out Penhaligon's when you have a chance. There is a video from the CEO and videos from one of the perfumers that might interest you.

I recently purged my collection of anything I haven't used in several years. I don't were any fragrance (other than ASB) when in uniform, so bottles last a very long time. I currently have only the following:

Hermès, Terre d'Hermès
Hermès, Un Jardin Sur le Nil
Hermès, Un Jardin en Mediterranee
Bond No. 9 New York, Saks Fifth Avenue for Him
Tommy Bahama, Tommy Bahama Signature
Burberry, Brit

I think my next purchase will be Hermès, Un Jardin Apres La Mousson. I just have to justify the cost to myself.

I have over 30, including 4 creeds, Orignal vetvier, Imperial, GIT, and Tambrome. Also on hand is Tabac, Mr Taylor, Musgo real #2, absinth from the shaveden, Floris #127, Mama Bears Rose chypre, Mama bears vanilla sandalwood, SCS new spice, SCS Dagger. White, black and green elixers from Bigelow, Bleinhem bouqet, Trumpers Wellington, St johns west indian lime. Just to name a few:thumbup1:

C

ctforman

Bottle of John Paul Gautier LeMale. Used exactly one spritz. Wife HATES it. Looking to trade (the cologne not the wife). Comes in crazy bottle with even crazier metal can packaging. Will swap for other cologne, liquor or even good bug spray. Gotta get this stuff out of the house. :tongue_sm

Folks,

Since I last posted, I managed to pick up another four colognes! Two from Roger et Gallet and two from Penhaligon's! The two from Roger et Gallet are not new, Cedrat and Bois d'Oranger but the two from Penhaligon's are old favorites that have been brought back in a series called "Anthology". I am excited since I have been saving my last bottle of "Eau de Cologne" for several years and I also figured I would try their "Orange Blossom" as a little "gender bender" since I don't abide by the conventional rules of male/female scents. I can't believe it but I haven't opened a single bottle yet! :ohmy:

Here's what I have now. I've tried to thin out the ones I don't like or don't use. I didn't count any Pinaud because I have mentally classified all of them as aftershaves. Where did all my Caron go?

Agua Lavanda Puig
Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrian
Arden Sandalwood
Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Brut Cologne
Burberry Brit
Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
Creed Bois du Portugal
Creed Vintage Tabarome
C&S 88
Dunhill 1934
English Leather
English Leather Musk
Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather
Hoyt’s Cologne
Knize Ten
Pino Silvestre
QED B&B Cologne
Shulton Old Spice
Speidel Bravura Musk
Tabac EdC

Plus a bottle of P&G OS Cologne that I punched up with Lime EO and a bunch of samples.

My rotation (most in bottles, some in decants and to buy bottles when the decants are up):

Bvlgari Acqva
Burberry Brit
Domenico Caraceni 1913
C&S O&C
C&S Cuba
Terre D'Hermes
Brooks Brothers 1818
CK Obsession

In bottles not to be re-bought when empty:
Versace Man (too citrusy, hair spray-y, like most other fashion fragrances)
D&G Light Blue (too citrusy, hair spray-y, like most other fashion fragrances)

C.O. Bigelow Elixir White
C.O. Bigelow Elixir Black
C.O. Bigelow Elixir Blue
C.O. Bigelow Elixir Green
C.O. Bigelow Elixir Red
C.O. Bigelow Lemon
Saint Charles Shave Bay Rum with a Twist
Davidoff Cool Water
Royall Vetiver

And I've got a 1.7 oz bottle of Abercrombie Fierce that is listed in the B/S/T section if anyone is interested! :)

I think that's all.

Last edited:
It was 100+, but I've been bringing it down and hope to settle at my favorite dozen. Can't just throw them away, though. So I recently posted in B/S/T in the hope that my CAD rehab efforts could mesh with those of some other B&Bers looking to trade from their oversupply of shaving gear. A few guys responded. If these trades don't cure us, our SAD group might start gathering every Thursday night at the church hall.

Well.. its all gone a little mad since i last posted... heres the current standing:

-Givenchy : insense ultramarine EDT (an absolute favourite, clean, fresh but woody undertones)
-CK : CKIN2U EDT
-Cerutti : 1881 EDT
-Tabac : Original EDC (picked up 150ml for £10)
-Puig : Quorum EDT
-Police : Original
-Ralph Lauren : Safari (found a bargain today in town. Forgot how amazing this smells)
-Gucci : Envy (one of my all time favs, rich, spicy, warming)

Just out of curiosity how many do you have?
Which ones?

About Seven....Opus Penthalagon, Polo large blue, M- Banana Republic, Trumpers Marl. with the gold crown, Grey Flannel-G.Beane...

I am looking to swap for the TH Grafton just for a variety if anyone is interested.:thumbup1:

Off the top of my head, 3 or 4. If I go and actually count, probably10, not counting small decants and samples.

However, after years of airborne allergies that are finally and very happily under control, I've run amok a bit lately. I figure a year hence I'll end up with ... 3 or 4.

Armani Code
Burberry Brit
Burberry Touch
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Millesime Imperial
Guerlain Vetiver
Rochas Man
Terre D'Hermes
YSL L'Homme

Top Bottom