What's new

How many blades will last you to the grave?

If I live to be 75, I will need 4320 Blades. If I invest all the money I save on blades in my 401k and don't get ripped off by Wall St. I should be able to keep myself in MWF and Tabac until they close the box on me:001_smile

Assuming I live at least another 40 years to the age of 80 and presuming that I continue to get a week out of each blade consistently: 2,080 blades needed which means I need to buy about 1,630 more. hmm..... :wink:

Well if I die tomorrow then I have 99 to many. If I live to 50 then I will need a lot more. I better buy like 1000 blades before they stop making them. Now I am starting to panic:w00t:

One
See my avatar

So my estimate is that you are 75-ish now. This kind of stuff is designed to fail in 5 (give or take 2) years...

When will you stop this nonsense and admit you can't see goodbye to your Fusion yet....:devil:

May I suggest picking up a DE; lots of guys here willing to help....

I'm 30 and I reckon I will be capable of shaving myself for a maximum of 60 years. So using a blade every 3 days, 120 a year - 7,200. After that I reckon I'll be stuck with the nursing home assistant doing the job with an electric.
I usually use Feathers which are £41 for 200 so about £1,500 for my lifetime supply. For something which is used every day, that seems pretty cheap.

I wonder about those two old gents, first world war veterans, who died earlier on this year at 111 and 113 and how their shaving needs were attended to - neither of them sported a beard. I'd like to think even at that advanced age I'd want to look my best.

I have enough blades to last well beyond the grave so I plan to be buried with them along with a few razors, brushes and plenty of soap. Can't be looking unkempt in the afterlife.

If I match my father, I have 24 years left. Figure 360 shaves a year, since I don't quite manage one every day. Figure 3.5 shaves on average with all brands of DE blades. I need 2469 blades.

But that doesn't take into account my upcoming experiments with SE and injectors. If those work out, I gather that I might get more shaves per blade.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
According to the US government actuarial tables, I will need about 1000 blades, . Cripes, better redo the math ..

Ok, better, 22x52=1154 blades, if all DEs. Whew, better cyphering by Jethro :thumbup1: "Cut down" by SE, Injector & ST8t shaves.

Bemind me why we needed to be reminded of this? :blink:

Bemind me why we needed to be reminded of this? :blink:

The beminding process is actually quite painful. I seriously doubt you'd really want us to do that to you. :biggrin:

Sorry. I have this little problem....I can't turn down good opportunities. :tongue_sm

Geez I dunno :blink:
I have enough blades to last just over 22 years now and in that time I will be... 61 years old....dunno if I will be dead or not my dad ain't dead and he's 62 and his dad (original owner of my Super Speed) died at 90. Who knows??? I could be eaten by a puma tomorrow for that matter.
Wp

Last edited:
Let's see. Based on family history I should live to be 79. I'm hoping that I can still shave at that age. I average a blade and a half a week. I already have approximately 400 blades.
The good news is that, in round numbers, I only have to purchase 1100 blades.
The bad news is that I only have to purchase 1100 blades :eek:.

- Peter

About 4000 blades and figuring rather middle of the road, not too extravagantly optimistic on the life expectancy thing. :001_rolle

Top Bottom