What's new

How long have you smoked a pipe?

I think I am at around 3-4 years. Never had smoked anything before. Not highly regarded in my family lol. But I wanted to try it sometime so I grabbed a dr graybow from a local pharmacy and a pouch of captain black white. Have come a long way from there haha :thumbup:

A little over six years.

I had a brief, unsuccessful fling with a Dr. Grabow and a pouch of Captain Black in college almost 30 years ago, but it wasn't until I found B&B that the hook was really set.

I'd qualify for 30+. I started during my days in the service, and have continued sporadically since. A few side trips into the world of cigars, but my briars are where my heart lies.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I’ve bought my first Cob 5 years ago, but really only seriously devoted myself to the Art this past April.

Looks like, based on order history at SP, I'm at 5-6 years of steady pipe enjoyment. Like a few others, I've had at least one previous failed foray in with a Dr Grabow and some mostly cavendish drugstore blends back around 1989-1990.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I'll be at 7 years this coming spring. I picked up my first cob in February or March of 2011.

Since 2011..

6 solid years.
About to make that 7 solid years in 2018 and really looking forward to it...

Circa 1 year for me.

I was a RYO smoker for about 20 years and decided to quit smoking. I did try vaping but preferred the tobacco smoke sensation in my mouth.

I remember my first time well. It was the usual hot summer's day. Sitting outside in the courtyard packing the tobacco really well and all the way to the brim. My draw technique was all wrong, "sculling" as oppose to "sipping".

The pipe: Butz-Choquin Gentleman Noir 5.
BC_Gentleman_Noir_5_Left_Side_WM__73068.1382202468.1280.1280.jpg

The tobacco: Balkan Sasieni.
003-006-0001.jpg

Got one hell of a tongue bite but that did not stop me, so smoked another bowel an hour later and another ... and another ... the rest is history.

I was a cigarette smoker for 30 plus years and finally gave it up at age 48. I took up pipe smoking when I was 50. I'm 66 now and still enjoying my pipe. :)

Circa 1 year for me.

I was a RYO smoker for about 20 years and decided to quit smoking. I did try vaping but preferred the tobacco smoke sensation in my mouth.

I remember my first time well. It was the usual hot summer's day. Sitting outside in the courtyard packing the tobacco really well and all the way to the brim. My draw technique was all wrong, "sculling" as oppose to "sipping".

The pipe: Butz-Choquin Gentleman Noir 5.
View attachment 846295

The tobacco: Balkan Sasieni.
View attachment 846301

Got one hell of a tongue bite but that did not stop me, so smoked another bowel an hour later and another ... and another ... the rest is history.
Awesome you stuck with it. I really wish I had done that during my first go around. :(

Since yesterday I smoke the pipe for exactly 1 year. Today is the first day of year 2 for me, and my love is still growing and growing for this wonderful way of admiring the tobacco leaf!

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Since yesterday I smoke the pipe for exactly 1 year. Today is the first day of year 2 for me, and my love is still growing and growing for this wonderful way of admiring the tobacco leaf!
It only gets better.

Top Bottom