What's new

How Long Before Your First Bulk Blade Purchase?

Took me about 3 months to order up 250 lab preps. Followed up with 100 feathers but will probably save those for 2 day growth and weekends. Debating going for 250 Personna Reds as well, as I find those a little smoother than the labs, even being much less sharp.

Probably about a month. I got a sampler pack and the Derbys were working very well to start. Then shifted to Astras and they really clicked. Bought 100 of them and didn't look back.

But, just now shifting to Feathers.

The Astra blades also clicked for me along with the Gillette Goal blades, I think those are the Indian 7'Oclocks.

I bought a sampler pack of 60. I don't know if that counts- but I am still trying to find the right blade. It came with Astra's Stainless & Platinum/ Derby's/ Dorco's/ Precisions/ Feathers. I have yet to try the stainless, but of the lot I like the Derby's least of all so far.

I've been wetshaving for over half a year now, and have yet to buy blades in bulk. I'm still working my way through my initial sampler pack, and will probably go with Derby's or Sharks. I tend to only use blades once or twice, so I want to go cheap.

Unrelated but, am I the only one with no Astra love? They just don't feel good on my skin, it's hard to explain.

Unrelated but, am I the only one with no Astra love? They just don't feel good on my skin, it's hard to explain.

I am pretty sure there is a thread in the Blade forum dedicated to people with no love for the Astra's. I don't think there is a blade out there that works for everyone. Most people seem to have a pretty high regard for the Personna Reds but I can't even get through a single shave with one.

Top Bottom