What's new

How Hot?

When preparing your brushes before and after you shave, how hot should the water be? Lukewarm or as hot as the tap will allow? Thanks guys.

For the brush, or your face?

For the brush: pretty much as hot as the tap will allow...just don't use boiling water (i.e., from a tea kettle) with your brush, as I have heard this may damage the hair

For your face: essentially as hot as you can stand it, obviously w/o burning yourself.

When preparing your brushes before and after you shave, how hot should the water be? Lukewarm or as hot as the tap will allow? Thanks guys.

Before the shave, everything is hot. After the shave, I just use cold water to rinse the brush while I'm doing a cold water rinse for my face.

For the brush, or your face?

For the brush: pretty much as hot as the tap will allow...just don't use boiling water (i.e., from a tea kettle) with your brush, as I have heard this may damage the hair

For your face: essentially as hot as you can stand it, obviously w/o burning yourself.

Yes do not boil it this is bad:eek:

I can't give you an exact number, but I typically go with water temp that is mildly uncomfortable to my hands.

As hot as the tap allows.
Meaning somewhere in the 75-85°C area...

Wow, in Norway you guys really run your water heaters hot! I've got mine set to about 140-145f (60-62c), and I'm on the hot side. I find my setting to be quite sufficient to warm up my brush (and scald my fingers:eek: !).

-Michael

I soak my brush in a mug filled with hot water from the tap. The water level is only up to the handle, not over the handle. I soak the brush for about 3 minutes, max.

Randy

Shaving is all about comfort for me. Scalding water is not comfortable to me. I don't see any reason why any water you use would have to be hotter than what you would pleasantly shower with.

If using a scuttle, or some other sort of container to keep your bowl and lather warm, pay attention to your lather. I have found that very hot water breaks it down.

Top Bottom