What's new

How did I do ?

I just won these off ebay earlier today , the one I belive is a lady gillette and the other ...is it a aristocrat ( I am hoping it is ) ? . Total price was 15.62 shipping included

any info is apprec.

Jeff

That is indeed an Aristocrat and a Lady Gillette. And at a great price! I payed about that much for my Aristocrat on its own.

You can narrow down what year your Aristrocrat is by the date code or if it doesn't have them whether the center bar has the "notches" in it or not.

Last edited:
That is a very nice Aristocrat and at a very good price as well.. excellent find.:thumbup:

check for a date code and if you do not find one then have a look at the center bar. If it does not have any notches then it is probably a 1946 or possible a 1947 as it seems Gillette often used leftover parts from previous years in his new model year razors.

The fact that you have knurling above the top ring and none on the top part of the TTO knob would suggest 1947. Anything after that would most likely have knurling in both places.

BTW the Aristocrats are awesome shavers with the right blades in them :thumbup:

Thank you everybody , that is the news I was hoping to hear ...
now is it true that the lady gillette is not only for the ladies , cause it looks tempting to try :001_smile

,and yes it does look like it was a good day for scores on ebay , congrats on yours as well

Jeff

Top Bottom