What's new

Homebrew sea salt scrub

So, I cooked up a pre-shave scrub using a combination of sea salt + a light olive oil binder and a little mint extract. Since the result felt rather oily on my skin after - b/c, duh, olive oil- I added some Dr. Bronner's mint castille soap to a small sample of the scrub.

Any other suggestions of what I might do to improve the original, oily recipe? Note that I used sea salt b/c, since it goes into solution w/water almost immediately, it makes for an excellent scrub that, nevertheless, poses no risk to the environment or my house's somewhat questionable piping system (the previous occupant thought he was handy).

Thx in advance,
-Z

I found your idea quite interesting. I am not any help as to what you might add, however. But I imagine there will be some helpful input soon (as opposed to my unhelpful input!)

My wife has made salt or sugar scrubs for years. She uses grape seed oil. It still a very oily finish. I like the idea of adding castile soap. She has made me many over the years but I never thought to use it as a preshave.

Top Bottom