What's new

Home-Mix with New Spice = Success!

Posted with Sue's permission;

I made myself a fine splash using New Spice. Initially I tried the recommended mix Sue posted, and it makes a fine product. I was happy with it. However, I'm an alcohol splash guy. I like a little glycerin. I like matching hair tonics.
So, here is my New Spice Splash & Tonic.

4 oz Everclear
1-2 oz New Spice, your preference
5-7 drops of Glycerin, your preference. At 6 it starts getting a tad sticky.

Shake these together, then add 1 oz water to cut the burn and slow evaporation. Otherwise, it dries almost too fast to spread evenly.

Decant into your favorite bottle. Splash on as aftershave. Rub about a teaspoon into damp hair, rub into scalp and brush into place.

The result is bracing, antistringent, antiseptic and moisturizing. Compliments the New Spice cologne without adding strength. Will not lead to too much scent.
Used without cologne, leaves the faintest hint of scent in the air. Fades in about 4 hours.
I don't see why other great scents couldn't be given this treatment. Imagine doing this with Smoke & Beads, Dagger or your other favorite colognes.
Or, use as hair tonic alone.
I hope my little experiments prove useful to some.

Warning: Attempting these mixtures can lead to a minor flare-up of Decorative Bottle Aquisition Disorder (DBAD). Comparisons of shaving den to a wizard's pantry may occur. Friends may linger in bathroom, smelling stoppers and making comfy noises to themselves. This can lead to false accusations of inappropriate behaviour.

:ihih:

Top Bottom