What's new

Holiday screen things - turn on or off

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You can turn on or turn off the Holiday Styling which enables or disables the ability to view the screen floating objects and modifications to all Avatars. Be advised - it's all or nothing. No screen floating objects means no avatar mods.

Click on your Username at the top of the Forum:

Image1.jpg

Click on "Preferences" on the drop down:

Image2.jpg

Under "Content Options", make sure the check box for "Disable Holiday Styling" is checked to turn off the objects, then click "Save" at the bottom of the screen.
To be able to see the objects, clear the check mark and save.

Image3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. We scaled it down 40%, we can scale down further if they’re an impediment, rather than a fun temporary quirk. Please keep the feedback coming. 👍

Hopefully my first response didn’t come off too snarky - Genuinely, we want feedback on both those that like, as well as dislike. A decade ago we used to do themes around the holidays, and thought it’d be fun to bring it back. If the animation overlay is too much, we’re definitely open to feedback.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The avatar hats, forum icons and bats are great.
A little holiday spirit never killed anyone.
At first it was a little distracting, but with the reduction, you get used to it pretty quickly.
I think it's a fun little thing to do for the site!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Ok so I use my phone to check out B&B either im going mad, my meds are to strong but there's bats fling all over my screen. Someone please tell me they can see them to :) and my avatar has a wizards hat on it this is getting stranger by the minute

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As much as I love bats in the wild, CG bats don't get any love. Be cool if we could chase them off the screen or use them as targets to get them to go away. Glad I live in a community that doesn't allow trick or treating. Retirement has its privileges.
I'll be honest, when I first picked up my phone and saw them, I about dropped my phone, I thought there were critters that had gotten into my pocket!
But, it's pretty cool, just a little fun for the holiday!

As much as I love bats in the wild, CG bats don't get any love. Be cool if we could chase them off the screen or use them as targets to get them to go away. Glad I live in a community that doesn't allow trick or treating. Retirement has its privileges.

Frank’s Halloween decorations consist of:

1. A large sign posted out front: “Get off my lawn!”
2. A smaller sign in the front window stating “I don’t dial 911, I pick up 1911” with a 1911 pistol illustration
3. Frank standing on his lawn in boxer shorts and a white tank top with a hose running - ready to soak any children in range.

😂

Top Bottom