What's new

Highlighter proof ink

Hi guys,

I sometimes have to highlighter over things I have written at work and I am yet to find an ink that doesn't smudge like mad when I run a highlighter over it. I'm not talking about right after I write but even if I wait a couple of minutes it still smudges the ink. Am I the only one with this problem?

So my question to you is do you know of any inks that you can highlight over that wont smudge the ink?

Thanks guys
Lex

Ive never tested it to be honest with you lex, id think registers inks and some of noodlers perminant stuff would be okay, but it would be a guess. I bet water resistance and this would have a very close relationship as to what would work and not work though

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've been testing some iron gall ink this week, Hero blue-black No. 232. Just tried this five minutes ago, works perfectly with a highlighter.

Not even the tiniest wisp of a smudge. :001_smile

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I tried a few of my Noodler's favourites ... Kung Te-cheng, Polar blue and brown, 5 O'clock Shadow, a mix of Black and Heart of Darkness ... and I found good results. Probably the Polar brown smudged a little bit, but overall they were good ... KTC especially.

Iron-gall inks all the way :001_smile

Did I already say that I love iron-gall inks? :wink2:

MB Blauschwarz used to be my favorite, but at the moment I am a real fan of Akkerman iron-gall ink.

I just ordered a bottle of Diamine registrar ink too :001_smile

<even if I wait a couple of minutes it still smudges the ink>

Don't register's and iron gall inks take awhile to dry or otherwise set up? I love iron gall inks, too, but my only experience is using them with flex nib dip pens in creating the worst attempts at Spencerian script ever made. I still love the way iron gall looks, and the chemistry is just too cool!

Top Bottom