What's new

Here Ye, Here Ye! To The Clubman Committee I say.....

Lime Sec today. Really nice lime centric feel. Though I shaved an hour ago and splashed a lavish amount of this juice everywhere, I find that it is very light and almost fleeting like. The initial burst is really nice but, I feel like it’s extremely light. I know, Eau de Cologne strength and I wasn’t expecting all day longevity yet, the Citrus Musk lasted on me almost 6 hours with decent projection for the first 45 mins to an hour which is not bad at all. Maybe I just went nose blind to it rather quickly. We’ll see how it goes.

Nevertheless, still worth it to catch that lime freshness on application after a nice shave. For the $$$, it’s a winner.

View attachment 1687100
Great setup, and great choices, GlazedBoker! Cheers, sir!

@GlazedBoker

I fell deep into a very specific rabbit hole with the whole "what glass bottle should I keep my Pinaud in?" question.

I have over 100 Avon bottles but "vintage Pinaud bottles" was the only answer I could accept for myself.

1689978618686.jpeg

1689978648262.jpeg

Not pictured with the group (since I don't wear these ones...) is the Eau de quinine & LV (🤮 not chosen)
1689978997469.jpeg

...and since taking these pics, I have acquired a most coveted vintage Special Reserve bottle as well.

1689978791421.jpeg

All I need is a bottle for my Citrus Musk, and I'd really love a genuine vintage Clubman 8oz bottle like the SR/Musk/CV shape.

Then I'll feel complete. Until then, the hunt continues.

@GlazedBoker

I fell deep into a very specific rabbit hole with the whole "what glass bottle should I keep my Pinaud in?" question.

I have over 100 Avon bottles but "vintage Pinaud bottles" was the only answer I could accept for myself.

View attachment 1689949

View attachment 1689950

Not pictured with the group (since I don't wear these ones...) is the Eau de quinine & LV (🤮 not chosen)
View attachment 1689957

...and since taking these pics, I have acquired a most coveted vintage Special Reserve bottle as well.

View attachment 1689952

All I need is a bottle for my Citrus Musk, and I'd really love a genuine vintage Clubman 8oz bottle like the SR/Musk/CV shape.

Then I'll feel complete. Until then, the hunt continues.
Outstanding, sir! Well done!

I've never thought to hunt down glass Pinaud bottles to store my Clubman products in - I usually just decant to a Boston bottle, but I really feel the urge to keep an eye out for them now. It looks fantastic.
Thank you sir!
Godspeed!
Pickins are SLIM online but if you look relentlessly, you'll be rewarded!

Outstanding, sir! Well done!
Thank you sir!

Only by dousing yourself in the wonderful Lilac Vegetal will you truly know if you are one of "The Chosen", or if your voice will join the lamentations of those who are not Chosen. :cool:

Lilac Vegetal is one of my favorite Clubman scents. I wear it frequently and frequently receive compliments. Had I allowed the naysayers to steer me away from trying The Veg, I'd be missing out on a wonderful classic aftershave. :)
I regret to inform the Committee that after trying the Veg for the first time yesterday, I, sadly, have not been chosen. Cheers, all!

Stirling Executive Man and then some Pinaud Citrus Musk to seal the deal. A very, very nice pairing if you ask me. The Stirling Executive Man has the Creed Aventus vibe and the Pinaud CM just compliments it so well that it sort of melds tailor made suit man with an everyday joe in flip flops smokin up some beef brisket or pork shoulder in a nice smoker. Think James Bond meets McGyver and it works seamlessly.

On a side note, I was at a local Marshall’s Home Goods store and picked up a few bottles to decant my Pinaud/Clubman products into. Pics to follow shortly…. :wink2:

384B805A-A21F-4AE9-9496-2785966B654F.jpeg

Stirling Executive Man and then some Pinaud Citrus Musk to seal the deal. A very, very nice pairing if you ask me. The Stirling Executive Man has the Creed Aventus vibe and the Pinaud CM just compliments it so well that it sort of melds tailor made suit man with an everyday joe in flip flops smokin up some beef brisket or pork shoulder in a nice smoker. Think James Bond meets McGyver and it works seamlessly.

On a side note, I was at a local Marshall’s Home Goods store and picked up a few bottles to decant my Pinaud/Clubman products into. Pics to follow shortly…. :wink2:

View attachment 1697942
Great setup and a beautiful brush, GlazedBoker! Cheers, sir!

I am also not chosen, but every other Pinaud scent has folded me warmly into it's embrace, and I feel comforted.
I'm right there with you, Breen. Clubman Is one of my overall favorites, and so far it's only the Veg and Brandy Spice among the Pinaud scents that haven't worked for me. Cheers, sir!

Great setup and a beautiful brush, GlazedBoker! Cheers, sir!

Thank you, sir. It’s from a discontinued brush and soap maker that no longer is in business, Deluxe Shaving. The brush is a 30mm Silvertip that was a blemished item for $49 that competes with some of the best badger brushes costing 4 to 5 times as much. A shame that they are no longer around.

:thumbup1:

Though I have not been "chosen" I regularly use the Classic, Vanilla, and Lime Sec, and love Clubman for the face-feel after dry down.

I am not a fan of balms or lotions, or other sticky aftershaves, and Clubman gives me the perfect smooth, dry feel that accentuates a close shave. I still like others (Avon, Old Spice, Aqua Velva) for the fantastic scents but give a slight edge to Clubman for performance.

There is a hot sauce bottle filled with the Veg lurking somewhere in the darkest recesses of our bathroom vanity...makes me shiver just thinking of it.

Top Bottom