What's new

Herb Scented Potatoes.

I have a sage plant or maybe more accurately a sage bush growing in my herb garden. I have been trying to use the sage to try and keep the plant in check. I stumbled across a recipe by Jamie Oliver for oven roasted potatoes. I decided to make them but add a bunch of fresh herbs.

Peel and wash potatoes.
Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes.
Drizzle some oil or butter in the bottom of a baking dish, salt and pepper liberally.
Once the potatoes are cooked drain them thoroughly and dump them in the baking dish. I drizzled some olive oil over the potatoes and sprinkled some salt and pepper on top.
I really didn't use a lot of olive oil for this recipe, two tablespoons in the bottom of the baking dish and one more tablespoon on the top of the potatoes.
I washed and dried my herbs before I placed them on top of the potatoes.
Bake in a 375-400 F oven for about 25 minutes. Remove the herbs and slightly squash the potatoes down, don't smash them up just press them down then bake for another 25 minutes or until the potatoes are nicely browned.
The goal is to have the outside of the potatoes be slightly crunchy while the inside is creamy like mashed potatoes.

full

full

We had company for breakfast so I don't have any after photos, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roast Spuds. The only reason for gravy! Best part of the Sunday Roast.

Best done in goose fat or beef dripping

Gareth

Top Bottom