What's new

Help!

Hi guys! I do need advice on after-shave. Currently i am using AOS unscented balsam and this morning i felt a burning feeling after my morning routine, which is pre shave oil of AOS, followed by Rose of TOBS, EJ razor and alum block( yapp starting to feel alive here), and finishing off with balm. Could it be alum block that brings that eachy, bearning sensation? Normally i don't get that red burning kind of feeling but i have sensetive skin så alum block is good to have, or so i heard. Suggestions on alternative after- shaves? And rather with no paraben or parfym. Thanks in advance! Have a great day!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Witch Hazel might be your solution

I am a big fan of Witch Hazel as well. Theoretically, the burning should go away as your technique gets better. This is good in theory but I get hurried or sloppy with my technique all the time and get some good burn. I like the Nivea unscented balm after alum and witch hazel after a really bad burn.

Welcome! Reading between the lines here. If I'm reading correctly, you're looking for an AS to reduce the burning you have.

Well, you know what they say about an ounce of prevention ... ? Make sure your lather is moist and slick - ice skating slick - and make sure you're not using too much pressure. These two things go a long way in preventing burn/irritation in the first place.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Don't know if you have witch hazel available to you or not, but I personally prefer it over the alum block.
I did get some irritation with the block, but the witch hazel is very soothing.

Top Bottom