What's new

Help

Okay,

I performed a stupid human trick early this morning. while packing the razor, it slipped out of my hand. I pack on a very nice plush carpet, so on worries. Well I tried to catch the razor before it fell:scared: sending it across the room onto hard wood floor grrrrrr. The result bent cap on the left, can it be fixed or is it FUBAR.
proxy.php

Kind regards,

Last edited:
I think I see it lower left.

Tiny tools wrapped in cloth might work to unbend it. If you can't get one to fit in there, it might be possible to disassemble it for the unbending.

I see a slight bend in the lower left-side, which can be fixed. You'll have to bend the cap back using an pair of needle-nose pliers. Cover up the cap with a piece of cardboard or towel so you don't mar the surface. Clamp the pliers so that the tip is near the bend point. In your case, that would be 1/3 up. Gently but firmly bend the cap back. Be careful not to apply too much force as you might go too far. Hopefully, it will be roughly aligned with it's original shape.

An endcap might pop off over the strain. You don't want it to do that, but don't fret much about it. It happens, and can be epoxied back on. Just don't do this stuff over a sink or anything where you could lose the piece.

I'm having a hard time seeing where the damage is. Do the doors still open and close properly?

Bottom left cap...The doors close perfectly, but opening them isn't the same as before. It was smooth now its like a tiny pressure point needs to slip past when turning the knob.

Thanks for all your comments. I will give it a try next week. I think, if I attempt it now bad things will happen.

Kind regards,

Bottom left cap...The doors close perfectly, but opening them isn't the same as before. It was smooth now its like a tiny pressure point needs to slip past when turning the knob.

Thanks for all your comments. I will give it a try next week. I think, if I attempt it now bad things will happen.

Kind regards,

So it's not as pristine as it was, but it looks like the gap between the razor head and the safety bars are still even, which should mean it'll shave just the same.

I wouldn't worry about that little click, lots of old ones have that. These get dropped all the time. If they got ruined after a drop, you wouldn't see as many 60, 70 year old razors still in use.

So it's not as pristine as it was, but it looks like the gap between the razor head and the safety bars are still even, which should mean it'll shave just the same.

I wouldn't worry about that little click, lots of old ones have that. These get dropped all the time. If they got ruined after a drop, you wouldn't see as many 60, 70 year old razors still in use.

+1. Serviceable and shaveworthy. My #15 had a slight hitch in the door but has since worked itself free after seeing regular use.

OMG, It's awful! It's FUBAR and a lost cause.... But I would be kind enough to take it off of your hands because that's the kind of guy I am... ;)

It's not bad at all, follow these guys' advice and it will be good as new. And really, as long as the mechanism works and it shaves well, anything else just adds character.

Top Bottom