What's new

Help me pick a shave soap stick!

La Toja and Palmolive are exemplary shave soap sticks. They smell great and perform as good as any shave soap, period.

Speick works about as well as La Toja and Palmolive, but to me, the scent kills it. Speick smells too much like old man cologne.

I have some Wilkinson Stick on the way. I can't wait to try it!

Thanks to all the great suggestions I have decided to pick up more than one stick :w00t: Going with Arko, La Toja, Speick and Palmolive US(cant find the euro version mentioned) Variety is the spice of life!

Excellent choices, in my experience I have not yet encountered a bad shave stick. Enjoy some great shaves. :thumbup1:

I've never heard of a US version of Palmolive? Is this a vintage stick?

Arko and a small bottle of Witch Hazel for aftershave. That's about as simple as it gets for travel. The performance is all there and the scents are mild and neutral so you'll be set for whatever social situations you find yourself in.

You could also take your favorite soap from home and hack off a small chunk ... keep this in a zip-lock baggie or a soap dish.

And don't rule out aerosol goop. Barbasol or Nivea Sensitive gel are both fine performers and you can find them everywhere without having to spend more on shipping than you do for the stick itself.

You don't need a brush when you travel ... any soap or cream can be lathered by hand.

If you can make it into a brick and mortar store you should be able to sniff the soaps to see what might appeal. If not, order 3 or 4 different types to help with shipping costs- Palmolive, Wilkinson Sword, Speick, La Toja are all very good and inexpensive.

Thanks, you reminded me that I am making a stop at Pasteur's Pharmacy during my travels! I only ordered the Arko and Ill save the rest for then. One thing I did not expect though is that it seems West Coast Shaving stocks almost every soap stick except for Arko?
If you can make it into a brick and mortar store you should be able to sniff the soaps to see what might appeal. If not, order 3 or 4 different types to help with shipping costs- Palmolive, Wilkinson Sword, Speick, La Toja are all very good and inexpensive.

Top Bottom