What's new

Help Identifying Vintage (?) German DE razor

Dear All,
I found this razor in an auction site. It’s listed as a German vintage DE razor, without any further information.
My knowledge is very limited but, judging from the pics, I’m not sure how vintage it is.
Can anyone identify this razor? Any recommendations?
Thank you very much!

18A491E5-CBBD-466F-A691-06FDDEB457DC.jpeg
648F941E-08A7-4DE5-9E08-212B3D2F4595.jpeg
FF5FE44D-B318-42B7-841C-9F11884CE58D.jpeg
A0BF0701-76E1-4E2F-9325-ED3CF63BDA0A.jpeg
0DC54065-B76B-4687-A87E-275C3056B165.jpeg

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Zwilling logo... I am not much more help than that. Is it a 3 or 2 piece? I am envious, however.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
One of my favourite DE razors the Henckels Henso has the same logo on the razor and the case. Your razor itself looks most like my Hoffritz slant, but without the slant. I think there were many similar razors, made by Merkur, such as the Pomco but I am no expert. Lovely razor 👍

R

romsitsa

It’s either very poorly photographed or it’s a faulty stamp. The blank space between the lines should carry the Zwillings emblem and while I can’t make the twins out, there is a short vertical line, this should be the raised hand of the right twin.
For comparison:

The razor is a rebranded Merkur from the 60ies or 70ies.

You're right, guys! The logo is there, as can be seen in this photo. I've managed to enlarge the pic from the site.

Is this a "special" razor (the shave, I mean), or some of the models being produced today (by Merkur, I'd assume) would be quite similar?

The cumulative knowledge is impressive...

1616258081522.png

There is a thread on a german forum about Zwilling razors. Most modern browsers should be able to translate it. Perhaps you can find some answers there.

After a quick look at the thread, the razor seems to be very similar to a 34c, but a bit more aggressive. Most people seem to think this is an excellent razor. If there are some markings on the razor, you can find out when it was produced. D.R.G.M. is pre ww2. D.R.P or Made in Germany until 1950. After that it said Made in West Germany.

R

romsitsa

Hello, D.R.G.M and D.R.P co-existed until 1945. From 1945 to 1948 there was no patent office.

judging from the logo on the box its post 1969, but thats at least for sure. sry. thats all i got.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I like it let us know how it shaves. I am giving you permission to make the purchase.

Top Bottom