What's new

Help identifying 4 newer DEs please

Someone is selling these four razors a close drive away. I have no non-vintage razors at all and am unfamiliar with these four. It would be very helpful to figure out what they are, and perhaps a quick comment or two on shaveability would help me know whether or not to pursue this further. This is the only photo available. Thanks!

IMG_6314.jpeg

Reactions: Kix

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Left is the Merkur 37C, nice and smooth -- next a Mühle R41, fairly harsh or aggressive (my opinions, I own both)

Not sure the others on the right side. Either I need new glasses or a better focused photo.

As for shavability, I can only speak to the Rockwell. I own a 6C and I find it an easy to use, comfortable razor. It seems to be a relatively forgiving razor and it has worked with most of the blades I’ve tried. The razor comes with three base plates which allows you to find the level of aggression that works best for you.

That is awesome guys. Thank you. I was able to look them up and can now see what is there. It seems like an ok assortment. And indeed it does look like a tech head - and at least it looks like a useful handle. And, yikes, there are a lot of tech ‘clones’ out there now!

A bunch of very knowledgeable folks here at B&B. Thanks all! I will probably go for it.

IMG_6323.gif

Merry Christmas (and you should consider purchasing at least 2, perhaps all since it is Christmas)!! :a29:

A very gentle arm twist that! 😀

I’m working on all four as well as the pile of artisan soaps and balms he is moving, and a pile of assorted blades he has with the offer….. Kinda like your heap of happy faces! With your gentle twisting, and my hopeless love of all stuff shaving, I believe I am doomed! “Slants and blades and creams, oh my!“ “Slants and blades and creams, oh my”

Top Bottom