What's new

Hello & Question

Hello all -

I wanted to introduce myself and have a question.

My name is Chaz...and I love the commentary on this forum. Everyone is really helpful.

I have a question for you... Most days, I use a brush and higher end shaving cream like T&H, Trumpers, Nancy Boy, etc. However, there are days in which I want to use a brushless cream and a mach 3...especially when I am in a rush.

That being said one of my best friends said he swears by Billy Jealousy...and tends to think it's his favorite out of the bunch. I have not heard much about this brand other than a sales associate at the stores trying to sell it to me. A couple other salons also tried to tell me it was excellent stuff. I've also heard that some people don't like it because they think the ingredients in the bulk of this brands products is harsh or not that good. Price aside, does anybody have any opinions about this brand....price and marketing aside are they good products, or are they packed with crappy ingredients that I should stay clear from...bottom line I am getting married this year and want to make sure tht I am not using something that would be terrible on my skin...but if this is not true I might give it a try.

I also hear that Sharps is pretty good stuff...again, not sure if that means great shave but products that are bad for you.

BTW, I am no worried about whether or not I am using all natural products...just things that will work great, but at the same time is still beneficial for my skin.

Thoughts? Thank you!

Welcome aboard, Chaz!

I have never tried Sharps or Billy Jealousy, so I can't comment on your questions. I first heard of Billy Jealousy a couple of days ago and even then, I didn't realize it was a brand of shaving products. I just kept seeing their logo all over a web site, thinking, "That is strange". :confused:

Tim

Welcome!
Try the Kiss My Face brand available at Whole Foods or your local organics market. Excellent price. Excellent product. Lather it up or use brushless.

Welcome aboard, Chaz.

have you maybe considered Molle's brushless cream?

I've personally nevered tried it, but if Charles sells it its gotta be worth a try.

go to http://qedusa.com/ and click on Molle in the left column with all the item names.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it, and am excited to join in the conversation.

Thanks as well for some of the product reccos. I am still curious about Billy Jealousy...mostly because I am curious if what my friend is raving about is all that good...or if in reality he's using junk.

Another product I was curious about is Zirh gel. I've heard some people talk about it fairly positively. In fact, I've heard some say that it's even better than some of the traditional creams including Nancy Boy which I used this morning. Not sure there is any truth to this. I know I've also heard mention that Zirh products are also really harsh. I guess I question if this is really true given the fact that companies like these are backed by large companies with large research budgets...and yes, of course advertising budgets as well which I really have no problem with.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Welcome to B&B!

There's one member in particular who loves his Zirh gel. If it works for him, then it can't be bad. I've not heard of Billy Jealousy, so I can't comment. If you can get your hands on a sample that might be worthwhile. Art of Shaving is another brand that can be used brushless, I'm fond of their lavender scent.

Is this Billy Jealousy cream you are referring to the stuff that is supposed to be made up of little silicon beads instead of foam/lather?

Here it is - Hydroplane
Yep, tons of little silicon micro beads provide the lubrication. You can mix it w/ another product called "Hot Towell" to warm up the face and soften the whiskers.

I've always wanted to try these products but haven't yet and they don't get any play around here - for the most part, if it doesn't lather up with a brush, people here aren't interested.
There is one guy, Slider, who I believe has used the Billy Jealousy products but he is offline for long periods of time due to his job of scuba diving in various paradises around the world. I did some searches for this stuff when I first joined and I think one or two posts from him were all that I found.

Like I said, I've wanted to try it but the price is kind of steep for something so different that I'm not sure I will like.

If you get some, let me know what you think.
Could you try some of your friend's?

Thank you!

Dustbow - that's exactly it. My friend raves about their products...says he was skeptical at first, but find he gets excellent shaves. Apparently his brother also went to a salon in Dallas that uses this and said that they love the stuff.

Everytime I use a brushless cream, I end up missing the lathering process I've gotten used to. That and the KMF just didn't work well for me.

Welcome to B&B CDG33!

Is this Billy Jealousy cream you are referring to the stuff that is supposed to be made up of little silicon beads instead of foam/lather?

Here it is - Hydroplane
Yep, tons of little silicon micro beads provide the lubrication. You can mix it w/ another product called "Hot Towell" to warm up the face and soften the whiskers.

...snip

That just sounds really scientific... I looked it up as well, it seems that it really works for some people. I wonder if gse123 has seen this, since he is somebody that regularly posts on less traditional shaving products. Anyhow it does look interesting, but you are right about the price, too steep for giving it a try.

Here it is - Hydroplane

Thumbs down. Too hip, too edgy, un-traditional. :rolleyes:

Just pulling your leg here.

For a time I used Razor Sharp from Philosophy, also silicone-based. Very slick, didn't do much for my face, though. Not much razor burn, now that I think about it. Expensive, went through the tube and did not replace, partly due to time constraints (leaving town in a day, and couldn't find locally). That was last year, and I haven't really missed the product.

Zirh gel is horrid as is every other product Zirh makes.

That is my opinion YMMV etc. I did not find a single thing about it that I liked.

If you need a good brushless cream try Kiss My face, most health foods stores carry it, its cheap and works well.

Top Bottom