What's new

Hello, Old Friend

Proraso Green (tube) was the very first shaving cream/soap I purchased and tried,
when I switched from Barbasol canned cream/Mach III cartridges a few years ago...

With all of the fanfare for "luxury" and "complexly-scented" hard-soap offerings that seem to distract me,
I haven't reached for the Proraso much over the past year.

But this am, with the 95 degree heatwave up here in the north-east,
I decided that a little menthol blast would feel pretty good.

The 'ol standby did not disappoint.
And I was reminded just how great this big tube of cream really is.
Don't let the modest price fool you - this is quality stuff.
And the matching aftershave is superb. Doesn't exactly mimic the cream scent, but expertly compliments it.
A winning combination.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
There is a reason why these products have lasted so long. I love Proraso green aftershave splash, I like the cream, and even the canned foam is pretty good. I find the pre shave totally useless..... as a pre shave, but it is great as a post shave, especially when combined with a little of the regular Proraso green post shave balm. The strong menthol in the pre shave really kicks it up a gear.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
In my almost 30 years of wet shaving I have tried hundreds and hundreds of soaps and creams from all over the world, in any price point. Well, Proraso, despite being inexpensive, is up there with the very best of them. Proraso's superior quality and guaranteed performance is beyond question, IMHO.

Italian men have been proudly using it for over 3 generations.

20220819_152157.jpg

I always keep a tube of Proraso handy as it's a good reliable classic. However if you want to freeze your face, there are many options with much more menthol, like the Indian creams from Vi-John, Godrej, or Dettol.

If I could only have one soap it would be Proraso green in a tube or tub. I only have 10 soaps and creams, which is the most I've ever had at one time. So my experience with various soaps has been fairly limited. But I'm happy with what I have, and of what I have, Proraso is tops. 🤗

Like you guys. I feel that Proraso puts out solid products at a fair price.

I really like the scent of the red and green. Haven't gotten around to trying the blue or white yet.

If all I had was Proraso soaps and creams in my den. I'd be ok with that.

Top Bottom