What's new

hello everyone

Hey all, already a wet shaver. However, I'm maybe looking to get some new gear I have been researching for the past year. I use a muhle razor and Nivea shaving cream which is in abundance locally and I think its really good, we also have proraso locally (I am in canada) but it costs way more. For aftershave I'm a big fan of Aqua velva, the original blue one, not the sport! Yuck! I've been reading lots of very interesting stuff here so thanks everyone.

Welcome to B&B, @safe as milk !
... and Nivea shaving cream which is in abundance locally and I think its really good, ...
That's been disappearing from the shelves in my neck of the woods (New Brunswick & Nova Scotia), in spite of other Nivea products (including the aerosol foam and gel) still being available. You might want to stock up on it.
I like to combine it with Wilkinson Sword soap (in the blue bowl, still abundant here) and call it my "Blue Monday" superlather.

Welcome to B&B from a fellow Canuck.
Where abouts are you located?
There is a great PIF in the General Shaving area for Canadians with a great selection of goodies you might consider getting in on.

Welcome to B&B from a fellow Canuck.
Where abouts are you located?
There is a great PIF in the General Shaving area for Canadians with a great selection of goodies you might consider getting in on.
Hey thanks yeah I saw that while browsing, I'm totally in doesn't look like I've tried anything from that collection.

Welcome to the forums! Lot’s of great info on technique, soaps, blades, creams and hardware. All have helped me tremendously in my DE journey.

Welcome to B&B, @safe as milk !

That's been disappearing from the shelves in my neck of the woods (New Brunswick & Nova Scotia), in spite of other Nivea products (including the aerosol foam and gel) still being available. You might want to stock up on it.
I like to combine it with Wilkinson Sword soap (in the blue bowl, still abundant here) and call it my "Blue Monday" superlather.

Hey John!! Wilkinson I have tried I got some locally a while back but I recently got a tub about a year ago did they change the formula? It smells different so I haven't used it much. That's a good idea mixing them though, also I recently tried Gillette pure the new arosol gel, its better than edge, it works surprisingly well with my safety razor (not with my brush though!) I just use my hands. Although its only a few $ more for proraso.. I should have bought that but I wanted to try the new Gillette goo, probably won't get it again though.

Hey John!! Wilkinson I have tried I got some locally a while back but I recently got a tub about a year ago did they change the formula? It smells different like floor wax stripper so I haven't used it much....
Fixed that for you.
Heh.
I always found the Nivea scent to be too bland, and the WS scent too industrial, but together they're great.

Top Bottom