What's new

Heljestrand razors?

nope opened up the postal box and there is was

This arrived today in Ivory.

You guys got me excited so I checked my mailbox....

proxy.php

to use a movie analogy, lets say the Matrix as far as CVH goes, you are the Architect and John was the Oracle:thumbup: and we thank you guys for it!!!

to use a movie analogy, lets say the Matrix as far as CVH goes, you are the Architect and John was the Oracle[emoji106] and we thank you guys for it!!!
That's very kind of you to say so Dave. I owe John so much. He's a fantastic guy, one of the best his Boss ever will get.[emoji2]

Some day I would like to meet this guy's, he sounds great! I don't know if he would hang out with an idiot like me though.
If we didn't want to hang out with idiots our lives would indeed be very lonely and we'd be full of self contempt every time we saw our own images in a mirror.[emoji39]

You guys have me about as impatient for my CVH 31 to show up as I can be...which is bad being where I'm at. *sigh* I guess about 2 more weeks until this pretty thing shows up...

View attachment 679158

After reading this thread, I decided to pay a little more for this vice a J.A. Henckles Friodur 17 square, and I'm pretty sure I made the correct choice. Now it's just the waiting game.

It was indeed from Jenna200910. I'm anxious to recieve that and the Dubl Duck that are in the mail. I've been eyeballing a Friodur 72 square point for the last few days as well, though I think I'm going to put the wallet away for a little while IRT straights, with other obligations first. The CVH was a splurge for me, but it looked to be in great shape, and honestly was not over the top expensive.

BTW, that is one handsome blade, Dan. I can see myself getting into the CVH's...

I know everyone says the MK No. 31s are 5/8s, but mine are not. Not even close. And if the 32s are full hollow, then the 31s are extra, imo.

But they shave like a much bigger razor. I only have one, and the grind is as good as any straight I've owned.
I think they are as thinly ground as any razor I've enjoyed. And despite being so small, that thumb notch just locks them into my hands like they're extensions of my fingers. Solid little razors. But they did take some getting used to.

So if one could only have 1 of these which would it be (no im not talking the "holy grail" either)

Last edited:
Top Bottom