What's new

HBS Ye Old Barbershop

Can you melt her soaps to form fit a container?

I did it with the mocha (15 seconds). Sue says you can microwave it like I did, but recommends the stovetop instead to keep the temp from getting any higher than necessary and thereby ruining the properties of some of the ingredients.

Her soaps fit quite nicely in Old Spice shaving mugs or small Anchor Hocking bowls.

Yes, they do...

proxy.php

A shipment of Ye Old Barbershop, Jasmine and Yuzu is on its way. Can't wait! Also, I have three empty Old Spice mugs just waiting to be filled.

Dave

A shipment of Ye Old Barbershop, Jasmine and Yuzu is on its way. Can't wait! Also, I have three empty Old Spice mugs just waiting to be filled.

Dave

:lol: . . . Ye Old Barbershop, Yuzu, and Sandalwood Vanilla on the way here. YEB because of THIS thread, Yuzu because of how intriguingly she described it, and Sandalwood Vanilla because I like both scents individually . . . so I thought I'd try them together.

Had to pick three anyway; went with the "U Choose" option. But unlike you, I'm definitely going to need more mugs!

NANP™

. . . Ye Old Barbershop said:
I was leaning towards Sandalwood Vanilla myself for the same reasons. I'm going to see how these work out and maybe get another batch. The Eucalyptus Spearmint looks interesting (so long as it doesn't smell like Ben Gay!).

Of course I'm probably going to get a couple more Mama Bear soaps as well. Sigh...

Dave

The Anchor Hocking bowls you need are the one-cup size. I got mine at Wal-Mart (not to be construed as an endorsement of Wal-Mart). :wink:

My favortie HBS soaps are her bay rum (really really nice) and gardenia (very fresh floral scent). Oakmoss was a bit subtle (but not bad), oceania was an "aquatic" scent...nice, but smelled a bit too artificial. Pine was a nice, christmas-tree style scent. Her lime was good, but after you've smelled QED lime no others will do. I didn't care for her vetyver too much (vetyvers vary almost as much as bay rums).

Now I am interested in the ye olde barbershop...and yuzu...I'll have to give them a try I suppose!

Ben, when I arrived home from a trip, the HBS shipment was waiting for me. Ye Old Barbershop is indeed a wonderful scent. I'm going to shave with it tomorrow morning. It really does have an old timey note to it. Thanks for the tip. This is a winner.

By the way, I shaved this morning with Jasmine and all I can say is Wow! What a fabulous scent, not a star jasmine, but a tropical jasmine, like the flowers they use to make leis. One whiff took me right back to Maui. Some florals are just too fake or overpowering. This one is the real deal. I've stopped my search for a tropical floral. This is it.

But I digress... I'm definitely looking forward to shaving with YOB tomorrow.

Dave

I was leaning towards Sandalwood Vanilla myself for the same reasons. I'm going to see how these work out and maybe get another batch. The Eucalyptus Spearmint looks interesting (so long as it doesn't smell like Ben Gay!).

Of course I'm probably going to get a couple more Mama Bear soaps as well. Sigh...

Dave

The Sandalwood Vanilla went into an Old Spice mug and is making my entire bathroom smell wonderful. :001_smile Haven't used it yet, but the Ye Old Barbershop followed by Pinaud Clubman is an experience to be treasured . . . full tilt boogie traditional.

I got three Mama Bear's this week, too . . . Tuscan Memories, Rosemary Mint, and Veldfire. Used the Tuscan Memories followed by Royall Lyme this morning and I'm still in a good mood! :biggrin:

Both these ladies make fantastic soaps.

NANP™

Top Bottom