What's new

Has anyone tried the new Proraso Single Blade aftershaves?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Interesting that they might be better than the "standard" Proraso creams. I think I'm one of the very few that think the "big P" is extremely overrated.

I've tried both the green and red tubes and neither impressed me...

Interesting that they might be better than the "standard" Proraso creams. I think I'm one of the very few that think the "big P" is extremely overrated.

I've tried both the green and red tubes and neither impressed me...
I'm not a fan of standard Proraso creams/soaps. Tend to dry too much, leave white residue and contain surfactants. The single blade line is the exact opposite.

The packaging makes me wonder if the new tubes are to be put in some sort of dispenser?
Probably this 1 liter dispenser:
upload_2017-4-29_23-49-30.png

I'm interested in trying these! Looks like they were released in late April. Maggard has them for $20 U.S. Wonder if they will release these in the smaller tubes.

Wow!!! I came for the exciting new Proraso line and then was blindsided by this dispenser. :001_tt1:
When I posted in April, I believe that 1 liter version was the first available at Gifts&Care. Later it became 0.75 liter (if my memory serves me correctly), and now it appears to be available only as 1.6 litre.
Definitely a barber shop item. :laugh:

I have all the new single blade balms and like them all. I have to say that they're all good, but the Wood and Spice is exceptional. This is truly an amazing scent profile both balm and shave cream. I haven't tried the aftershave but I hear its pretty strong- not sure if I want to go that route yet.

How are people finding this balm? Comparable to the green/blue/white balms? I saw a forum member wrote that it's less quality than the normal balms.

I find the balms to be vastly superior to the regular ones. Most balms do nothing for me, my face seems to need the alcohol from a splash for some reason. But the Proraso One Blade balms, along with Saponificio Varesino, are the only balms I've found so far that work for my face.

I find the balms to be vastly superior to the regular ones. Most balms do nothing for me, my face seems to need the alcohol from a splash for some reason. But the Proraso One Blade balms, along with Saponificio Varesino, are the only balms I've found so far that work for my face.

Thanks for giving your opinion. I hope others can chime in and confirm they are indeed nice balms.

Since I asked the question I've gotten the Cypress & Vetiver and Wood and Spice balms. My gold standard balm is the Weleda Aftershave Balm and the Proraso Single Blade variants come very close. The scents are very nice, not overwhelming but noticeable. I also think that they’re better than the “normal” Proraso Green balm (the only balm from the normal range I’ve used)

I have tried the Azur Lime balm and the Wood & Spice cologne (they didn't have the balm). The Azur Lime smelled nice, but the scent faded quickly. Feel of this balm was very good. Not sticky and moisturizing enough. I have now ordered the Wood & Spice balm as I liked that scent better and my girlfriend did like it even more. Plus I guess the efficacy of these 3 balms will be equal. Score!

Top Bottom