What's new

Has anyone been watching the downfall of HTGAM/PPF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon is, in my opinion, a terrible place to start the conversation about reviews and reviewing ethics. Their reviewers know next to nothing about what they are reviewing. Amazon book reviews are often nothing better than Cliff note plot summaries, because the reviewers know nothing about books or literature. Yes, this is elitist. But I want to read reviews by people who know what they are talking about. Besides, Amazon is stuffed with faked reviews, bought reviews, blackmailed reviews, and back-scratching reviews just as badly as Trip Advisor and Yelp.

Book reviews are a whole separate entity from product reviews. Book reviews tend to lean more to a personal critical opinion and possibly brief synopsis of the piece of work. Literally, there is no comparison here between these two things because everyone thinks they are a critic, but barely any are. In other words, not everyone is a good critic when it comes to published works.

Product reviews on the other hand are a simple matter of opinion. "I like it" or "I don't like it." I don't pay much attention to reviews of products that are not "Amazon Verified Purchase," positive or negative, because I want to ensure it's something that individual has used. You can't pay Amazon to put that "Amazon Verified Purchase" next to your review. It has to be purchased in the first place.

Last edited:
+1

In addition, I now do not trust the ingredients in those products. For those who are not offended by deception, fake names & shilling...then possibly swapping out some natural, organic, essential oils with generic craft store surplus and unknown fillers should not bother you...enjoy.
:biggrin1:

Could you please direct me to where there is information where HTGAM has falsely noted their ingredients. I have found no such evidence. I have read about certain FDA crackdowns about labeling practices, but nothing where ingredients where not as advertised, or ingredients (hazordous or not) were added to the products. Send a private message if you have to, but I have found no such thing.

We interrupt this conversation for a quick PSA...

The correct expression to use when you have absolutely no interest in something is, "couldn't care less," and not "could care less."

We now return you to your previously scheduled debate, already in progress.

I read else where that douglas apologised on a podcast, I cant see a new moustache and blade podcast anywhere. Maybe its just in the US. Has anyone else heard this?

We interrupt this conversation for a quick PSA...

The correct expression to use when you have absolutely no interest in something is, "couldn't care less," and not "could care less."

We now return you to your previously scheduled debate, already in progress.

HAHA...me likey! :thumbup:

Could you please direct me to where there is information where HTGAM has falsely noted their ingredients. I have found no such evidence. I have read about certain FDA crackdowns about labeling practices, but nothing where ingredients where not as advertised, or ingredients (hazordous or not) were added to the products. Send a private message if you have to, but I have found no such thing.

Are you saying that the information from this link http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...ssues-Concerns that the OP supplied does not suffice?

Joe is Italian and he sure is a barber. A barber (from the Latin barba, "beard") is a person whose occupation is mainly to cut, dress, groom, style and shave men's and boys' hair. A barber's place of work is known as a "barber shop" or a "barber's". Barber shops are also places of social interaction and public discourse. In some instances, barbershops are also public forums. They are the locations of open debates, voicing public concerns, and engaging citizens in discussions about contemporary issues. They were also influential in helping shape male identity.

I'm glad to hear that. I thought it was going to be when I found out about Santa all over again.

Are you saying that the information from this link http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...ssues-Concerns that the OP supplied does not suffice?

This is what I mean by HTGAM has been targeted by the FDA for ingredient labeling. As far as the Chaulmoogra oil brought into that conversation, there are other soaps that don't have that ingredient. Choose that product. There is no Chaulmoogra oil in "The Beach" shave soap. It is entirely possible that the guy just didn't know any better about labeling his ingredients in order. I don't know. Maybe he didn't care one way or the other. My matter of opinion is that he make a good soap. I'll still buy stuff from HTGAM. I'll still try other products from other soap makers. To me, someone made a big hoopla about something really small. Now, if the FDA came out and said, "Hey, this soap will make your face rot off. What the hell, HTGAM?" Then I would say, "Well, I certainly ain't using that stuff anymore." Until that happens, consider me a user of their products.

This is why I avoid social networking sights. I know I'll get flamed for this but Social Networking is a cancer on all.
Facebook, Twitter and all the rest should burn a long slow agonizing death.

People will really freak when Trans Union or Equifax buys them all.

I have never used HTGAM/Razorock products. For those of you so offended by his lies, that you will not use these products, send them to me. As long as they don't contain mind control drugs that would keep me from seeing the black helicopters, and spaceships.:blink:

OK now I'm confused. Is RazorRock and HTGAM the same guy?

OK now I'm confused. Is RazorRock and HTGAM the same guy?
No no, HTGAM and Petal Pushers Fancies are the same guy. From what's been written, HTGAM was created so that the owner of PPF could hype his own products using a supposedly independent source.

No no, HTGAM and Petal Pushers Fancies are the same guy. From what's been written, HTGAM was created so that the owner of PPF could hype his own products using a supposedly independent source.
thats a valid reason to not purchase from him/them. Cheers.

Book reviews are a whole separate entity from product reviews. Book reviews tend to lean more to a personal critical opinion and possibly brief synopsis of the piece of work. Literally, there is no comparison here between these two things because everyone thinks they are a critic, but barely any are. In other words, not everyone is a good critic when it comes to published works.

Product reviews on the other hand are a simple matter of opinion. "I like it" or "I don't like it." I don't pay much attention to reviews of products that are not "Amazon Verified Purchase," positive or negative, because I want to ensure it's something that individual has used. You can't pay Amazon to put that "Amazon Verified Purchase" next to your review. It has to be purchased in the first place.

I am on another forum where a bunch of people found out a guy wrote a book and the guy who wrote it is a hack for one group since he got fired by a company that merged.

So about 20 people wrote one star reviews.

Now the other side who like the guy are chiming in and giving him 5 stars.

That is why pollsters don't consider a poll with less than 2000 or so randomly selected people to be relevant.

As far as subjective subjects like movies or food it is always better to know who a reviewer is and if you tend to agree with that reviewer most of the time.

I like Coke, not Pepsi. Now you know a bit more about my bias.

The interesting part about FB is that he set up a page for vets and I'll bet FB only lets vets and families of vets see it. It didn't get a wider audience until it got posted here.

There are no algorithms here showing you only things they think you want to see.

If cable were like FB you would only have one channel with everything you like to watch when you like to watch it. Including adds you would be interested in.

It gives not only HTGAM a big incentive to find new ways to get in front of an audience but every other corporation as people have more and more options to get information.

I have never read into either company or followed the hype. I've listened to every podcast on my commute to work in the car and have found it enjoyable.
Tbh I thought it was the same company, the advertising looks the same and they seemed to promote each other so I just assumed ppf was the sister company of htgam or vice versa. On the other hand I didnt know that he claimed that there were more people involved. It seems a bit odd.
I don't think its anything new in the marketing world that fake back stories are created to make the company seem more established and I really don't believe a lot of reviews on places like amazon, I would come here for that. But I guess being part of such a small community as the shaving world then it does seem more personal to a lot of people and they will feel cheated.

Maybe its just me or maybe I haven't been able to find enough information on this subject, but so far, I cannot see what the big deal is. Really. Fake personas; big whoop. I have some "The Beach" and Lime Pre-Shave soap by HTGAM/RazorRock and they are amazing soaps to me. I really don't care if this guy created fake people to try and promote his product. Granted, he has a good enough product, in my opinion, that he didn't need to do such a stupid thing. And so it seems he created fake reviews on his website. Well anyone who conducts research properly can go to Amazon and read reviews, and there are plenty of highly rated "Amazon Verified Purchase" reviews for HTGAM products. So I gave them a try, and I enjoy my products. Does this guy steal people's money and not send them a product? No. Does he ship out the worst product ever made in the world? No. Then seriously, what is the big deal here?

This is why there is the razorock confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom