What's new

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!!!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Hope you are able to give thanks for many blessings and are surrounded by good people. Have a great day.

Who's putting on a feast this year and will there be leftovers???😉
Thanks! Someone remembered lol.

I plan on rebooting this later in the week.
Got ham?

Hickory smoked, maple glazed ham with parsnips, carrots and taters. Almost as good as todays shave lol.

IMG_3228.JPG
If I take another picture it will look much the same.

Leftovers? Reboot...

8qts stock from 3-4lbs left over hickory smoked, maple glazed ham and bones.

IMG_3374.JPG

Boiled for 2 1/2 hours with garlic and black pepper corns then strained and into the 6qt Dutch Oven.

IMG_3375.JPG

Theres maybe 1 1/2lb's pulled ham in there with two large carrots and 3 medium Yellow onions. Seasoned to taste with salt, garlic, Rosemary and parsley.

I'll let it simmer for 2-3 hours.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Hope you are able to give thanks for many blessings and are surrounded by good people. Have a great day.

We'll try! Fairly quiet -- Mrs. Hippie and I, plus the dog who will of course get her share.

Who's putting on a feast this year and will there be leftovers???😉

Leftovers? Dunno. "Allow 10 pounds of meat per person" right?

I promised details, so here ya go:

25 pound organic turkey, brined 36 hours in garlic/tarragon/lemon brine.
Squash with sage and toasted pecans.
Yam with apples.
Cornbread and sausage dressing.
Giblet gravy.
Wild-picked highbush cranberry sauce.
Mincemeat pie.

We always get the biggest bird we can find for Thanksgiving. We'll eat a leg or thigh each today, then the breast gets split and put in the freezer along with a load of other meat. The carcass gets turned into broth. We also save a jar of turkey fat to use for gravies later. Doing it this way means Christmas dinner is dead simple.

Mmmm....already tasting a cornbread-dressing sandwich on toasted wheat bread, with lashings of mayo. That'll be in a few days, but ya gotta keep lookin' ahead in this game.

O.H.

We'll try! Fairly quiet -- Mrs. Hippie and I, plus the dog who will of course get her share.

Leftovers? Dunno. "Allow 10 pounds of meat per person" right?

I promised details, so here ya go:

25 pound organic turkey, brined 36 hours in garlic/tarragon/lemon brine.
Squash with sage and toasted pecans.
Yam with apples.
Cornbread and sausage dressing.
Giblet gravy.
Wild-picked highbush cranberry sauce.
Mincemeat pie.

We always get the biggest bird we can find for Thanksgiving. We'll eat a leg or thigh each today, then the breast gets split and put in the freezer along with a load of other meat. The carcass gets turned into broth. We also save a jar of turkey fat to use for gravies later. Doing it this way means Christmas dinner is dead simple.

Mmmm....already tasting a cornbread-dressing sandwich on toasted wheat bread, with lashings of mayo. That'll be in a few days, but ya gotta keep lookin' ahead in this game.

O.H.

That sounds like a proper feast. I just reserved my fresh off the farm Turkey today for November.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I’m not Canadian. I always deferred on the turkey. Unless it was smoked… now we’re talking. I prefer the sides, or the ham. Y’all have a good Thanksgiving. Post some pictures or it didn’t happen.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Thanks, and a Happy Thanksgiving to all. Did our feast last night, and had a few friends over. Making stock for soup and starting prep shortly.

Last nights feast:
15lb Butterball
sage and onion stuffing with walnuts and dry apricot
glazed carrots with fennel and thyme
braised red cabbage with apples and caraway
cauliflower gratin with horseradish cream,gruyere,panko
creamy mashed potatoes with roasted garlic
fresh cranberry jelly with orange zest
2 day roasted turkey gravy with Port
Strawberry rhubarb pie, vanilla bean ice cream

Calm before the storm for me. Having a few relatives over tonight for dinher. Ham, mashed potatoes w/gravy, carrots and Brussels with panchetta/balsamic glaze. Pies are being brought over, so no idea what that entails. Usually apple and a strawberry rhubarb. 👍

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Calm before the storm for me. Having a few relatives over tonight for dinher. Ham, mashed potatoes w/gravy, carrots and Brussels with panchetta/balsamic glaze. Pies are being brought over, so no idea what that entails. Usually apple and a strawberry rhubarb. 👍
We do the brussels with panchetta too. Red wine vinegar and something else. It escapes me. I love strawberry rhubarb. What time is dinner?😆

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Anybody get any good pics? All this talk is making me long for a feast!!!

Top Bottom