What's new

Hair Loss Remedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that im bald, my hair line is receiding at my forehead. I would rather go bald than this"

"Clinical studies showed that side effects were uncommon and did not affect most men.

In general use, the following side effects have been reported: allergic reactions including rash, itching, hives, and swelling of the lips and face; problems with ejaculation; breast tenderness and enlargement; and testicular pain:blink:. You should promptly report to your doctor any changes in your breasts such as lumps, pain, or nipple discharge. Tell your doctor about these or any other unusual side effects.:lol:

A small number of men had sexual side effects, with each occurring in less than 2% of men. These include less desire for sex, difficulty in achieving an erection, and a decrease in the amount of semen.:001_huh: These side effects went away in men who stopped taking PROPECIA because of them. In addition, these side effects decreased to 0.3% of men or less by the fifth year of treatment.

In 3 controlled clinical trials for PROPECIA of 12-month duration, 1.4% of patients who took PROPECIA (n=945) were discontinued due to adverse experiences that were considered to be possibly, probably, or definitely drug related. 1.6% of patients who took a sugar pill (placebo; n=934) were discontinued due to adverse experiences. "

Taken from the propecia.com website

I love that so many of you guys are comfortable in your state of baldness! It is nice to be surprised to be surrounded by posters that are comfortable in their own skin. Also, the posters about side effects are spot on. Rx products like Propecia should only be used with the guidance of a physician, taken exactly as labeled, and an annual liver test is wise to make sure that your liver is okay. One other side effect though wasn't mentioned that should be...another side effect (outside of a full head of hair) is that finasteride, the active ingredient in Propecia, also shrinks the prostate when taken every day. It is well documented. This can have upsides. No matter what, good luck on your journey, be it bald or with thick hair that grow halfway down your back! Just make sure you stay well shaven!

Spot on. Embrace the baldy. i like to think i look like a slightly overweight Jean Luc Picard, only without a starship to Captain... Saying that, does he have a Mergress XL? No? I rest my case.

One tip though... Don't bother with 'Headblade', bit of a rip off. Stick to a Mach 3 for the bonce.

Just go for your ship license and become a Captain that way :thumbup1:

As for hair loss, I'm almost 22 and my hair is receeding a bit, though if I lose much more I'm just gonna go bald. To heck with having a bald spot.

I want to suggest that anyone who is loosing hair speak with their physician.

Low testosterone is one cause, as is the use of some drugs like statins for lowering cholesterol.

Remember..... the B&B is a really bad place to get medical advice. :thumbup1:

Low testosterone is one cause, as is the use of some drugs like statins for lowering cholesterol.

I thought high testostetone was a cause of hair loss

Very Very Good Advice! Perhaps The Best Yet! :thumbup1:

I use TOBs sandalwood soap and aftershave on my face and I have to shave everyday so I guess that proves that it works. :biggrin1:

I already use retin a and Nizoral shampoo. Now I add TOBS sandlewood into the mix? hehe Hope it is that simple. I have a feeling I need something expensive with the sandlewood but maybe not.

duke762

Rose to the occasion
Hang on Gentlemen..Propecia is Fenesteride???? I was taking that for my prostate before they found a little cancer. Doc got me off it right away because it is supposed to make prostate cancer really take off......And then I read the information sheet. No blood donations, women shouldn't even handle the pills due to birth defect risk, I don't believe you can be an organ donor either. If I were a young man I'd look into this very carefully.

Looked it up and you have to use a chemical sandalwood scent to get hair growth. You can buy the scent right now but not gonna do it. Wait for tests to be done for safety.

Propecia, well that seems good for overall prostate cancer but bad for aggressive cancer so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom