What's new

Guess That Movie: Alternate Movie Description Edition!

Reading your post, perhaps I should clarify . . . the title character is a "romantic" who writes poetry.

Because of this, I present CLUE the SECOND.

He died in a manner completely out of character with his chosen profession.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Dreamer travels the world seeking in vain for what he had all along. It’s about life’s negative and positives.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
I'll be back when you guys decide to give clues
No on guesses. The clue’s words “dreamer,” “life,” and “negative” are integral in the movie. Another clue is the motto “To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.”

Looked it up and I should have known it, although I've read the source material much more frequently than I've watched either of the movies made from it.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Apologies... my clues should have been better. It’s “Secret Life of Walter Mitty.”

Please let me redeem myself with a different movie: This war film, set in Asia, focuses on the hours immediately after the battle, includes a football game, and was later made into a TV show.

Guessing the TV show was China Beach?

The movie? The Boys in Company C?

EDIT . . . I am an idiot.

M*A*S*H

Also . . . they made a movie out of Walter Mitty?

That one I knew right off the bat. I generally watch MASH at least once a year. It's an amazing movie on many levels. Also props to @Bakker1964 for using a cat avatar. It made me switch mine to my cat Leela, a very sweet, one-eyed muted tabby.

Apologies... my clues should have been better. It’s “Secret Life of Walter Mitty”...

That was a movie?...

stumped.jpeg

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Guessing the TV show was China Beach?

The movie? The Boys in Company C?

EDIT . . . I am an idiot.

M*A*S*H

Also . . . they made a movie out of Walter Mitty?
Bakker1964, you are right and wise, definitely not an idiot! BTW, the 2013 Mitty movie directed and staring Ben Stiller is one of my all-time favorite films. Highly recommended. You‘re up.

Top Bottom