What's new

Guess That Movie: Alternate Movie Description Edition!

Okay, since my guess was correct, here we go . . .

A young boy tags along with a group of malcontents as they seek plunder with the aid of a stolen map. First of a trilogy.

Au Contraire . . . Time Bandits it is.

The trilogy is completed by Brazil and Baron Munchausen. From Gilliam, by way of wiki . . .

Gilliam has referred to Time Bandits as the first in his "Trilogy of Imagination", followed by Brazil (1985) and ending with The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988).[4] All are about the "craziness of our awkwardly ordered society and the desire to escape it through whatever means possible."[4] All three films focus on these struggles and attempts to escape them through imagination: Time Bandits through the eyes of a child, Brazil through the eyes of a man in his thirties, and Munchausen through the eyes of an elderly man.[4]

Wow, you educated me on that. Time Bandits was one of my all time favorites and I didn't know about the relationship between those three. Well, this isn't my original, but I'm short on creativity today.
A wisecracking boiler technician teaches high school students to believe in their dreams.

You are correct. Sorry, if we did that one.

You're up, in any case.
We are going to re-run movies at some point, particularly trying to stay with known movies. I could post some synopsis for a really obscure movie.
Here's an oldie:
Boss, desperate to keep his best employee on the job, manufactures crimes and attempts to break up employee's pending marriage. It's hilarious!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
We are going to re-run movies at some point, particularly trying to stay with known movies. I could post some synopsis for a really obscure movie.
Here's an oldie:
Boss, desperate to keep his best employee on the job, manufactures crimes and attempts to break up employee's pending marriage. It's hilarious!

His Girl Friday

Top Bottom