What's new

Greetings and Salutations, Y'all!

Back in the spring of 2021 I stumbled across a VDH TTO marked down to under $6 at my local supermarket. I purchased it and as many of us did in the dark days of the pandemic, I started a new hobby...although I didn't know it at that time. Dissatisfaction with my results led to research on the inter webs, much of which was done on Badger & Blade. A familiar story followed, purchases included a Merkur 34C, Simpson Trafalgar T2, various tucks of blades and Proraso soaps/creams.

I mostly had the addiction part of the hobby under control, that is until I ventured into two of my local antique stores. Arriving home with four Gillette razors (Fat Handle Tech, Super Adjustable 109, New Improved and 50s Super Speed) triggered my love for vintage razors. Other than my Merkurs (34C, 37C, Progress), the rest of my collection are vintage DE and SE (GEM and Injector) razors.

I'm happy to report that my RAD has mostly cooled off, though replaced with a mild case of brush acquisition disorder. Image below of recent brush purchases (Used Zenith Silvertip, New Semogue SOC Mistura, Used Shavemac 2-band Silvertip). For unknown reasons, the Chairwoman of my Finance Committee has squashed additional brush procurement at this time.

I look forward to getting to know and interact with many of you that I've been following and learning from in the shadows. Thanks for having me aboard!

230615 Newish Brushes.JPG

Welcome to the forums. Nice looking brushes. I'll have to go take a look at the two threads Eric referenced. I love my coffee (roast my own) and my desk, when working from home, overlooks two black oil sunflower seed, two suit, one thistle, and two hummingbird feeders. Glad you joined. I get the feeling you will fit right in.

Edit: There is a Veterans page here too. You can post what branch you are in / were in and anything else you want to share. I appreciate your time in.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
@Eric_75 and @Lightcs1776 Both of you have made me feel most welcome on Day One on the coffee thread...thanks!

@Manye I really dig your Simpson 58!

@cryhavoc Thanks!

@Hannah's Dad Thank you and if I remember correctly I believe you are one of the main reasons I purchased the soap/splash that I'm planning to use tomorrow. I'll give you one guess!
I’ve enabled too many … GD Ketoret?

Welcome aboard!!!

"Chairwoman of my Finance Committee"

We have a very nice gentleman here on the board, which I'm sure you will have the distinct pleasure bumping into time to time, that refers to this as the "War Department". I'm sure @FarmerTan will be along shortly.

Again welcome aboard, sir!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome aboard!!!

"Chairwoman of my Finance Committee"

We have a very nice gentleman here on the board, which I'm sure you will have the distinct pleasure bumping into time to time, that refers to this as the "War Department". I'm sure @FarmerTan will be along shortly.

Again welcome aboard, sir!
You rang?!

Welcome @Buttercup , tho I believe we have already interacted? It's good to meet another honest man! And I have my lovely War Department's permit to say so!!!

Top Bottom