What's new

'Green' mossy/fern/forest frags

I'm looking to add a new fragrance to my line-up, since I just accidentally broke a nearly full bottle of something. Here's what I'm thinking of...

I recently ordered a sample of "Green Irish Tweed Type" soap from QCS, and this soap smells incredible, with a lush sweet forest scent. However, I went to a perfume shop and sampled the actual Green Irish Tweed cologne by Creed and it smells EXACTLY like Cool Water to me, which is not at ALL what I'm looking for.

So I want something with a predominantly "green" profile, mossy, fern, or forest scent. I'm specifically saying mossy and fern because I want to avoid "woodsy" scents by and large - sandalwood, cedar, etc - these are the primary notes I want to avoid. A little bit of woodsy is alright, of course. Any suggestions?

Knize Forest (actually more of a wintry forest vibe)

D.R. Harris Arlington

Penhaligon's English Fern

Trumper Wild Fern

Last edited:
If you love the smell of the Olympic Rain Forest then you will want to try Norne by Slumberhouse. IndieScents has 1ml sample for $5.
http://www.indiescents.com/norne

Fog caked needle, lichen, fern and moss perfume the nocturnal air beneath grandiose canopies of fir and hemlock - a headspace captured in perfect equilibrium. Containing not one single essential oil nor synthetic, Norne is luxuriously composed entirely with 100% pure forest absolutes; a connoisseur grade fantasy/surrealist recipe of incensed coniferous woodsy resins inspired by the catharsis of self worship.
proxy.php

agua brava and acqua di selva are very foresty but they are more like a pine forest
halson I-12 and grey flannel are both very green but i wouldn't say like a forest, more like fresh crushed leaves
a lot of vetivers, like encre noir, smell like fresh earthy dirt...

haha my breaking of the bottle was totally my own stupidity. if i break another bottle, i deserve it.

If you can find it, Shiseido Paradigm is extremely green. Also, in terms of aftershaves, Booster's Mosswood is worth a try.

Knize Forest
Pens English Fern

And for something completely different but very green:
Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau - opens with the smell of just leaves crushed between your fingers, then comes a bit of rose

Penhaligon's English Fern or Trumper Wild Fern. I prefer the latter and it's less expensive. You might also track down a sample of TOBS Jeremyn Street which has some fern in it. If you want a true grassy-type smell, check out Musgo Real Oakmoss.

Gucci Envy for Men has a very green character, to my nose, without any of the woodsy smell. Envy is fairly easy to find and relatively affordable.

Harder to find and very expensive, especially since it only comes in limited edition flacons, is Creed's Feuille Verte. The name means green leaf, and that's exactly what it smells like to me.

Top Bottom